Controlling content access

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Controlling content access

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hi, we’re looking for a calendar plug-in with some specific features. Events Calendar Pro looks like it can do most of what we want, but I need to find out about one thing before we can purchase. Is it possible to control access to certain fields in a calendar entry based on login permissions? To explain…

We use a calendar for groups to schedule visits to our facility. We would like the groups to be able to see (publicly, without logging in) that there is or is not already a group scheduled at a particular time. However, we would not like the public to be able to see that the group is ABC Company, or who the organizer is, or contact information, etc. Our staff on the other hand should be able to see all of that by logging in. So we need a permission structure on fields within a calendar entry.

Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Mark and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Is it possible to control access to certain fields in a calendar entry based on login permissions?

Absolutely. Depending on what you want to achieve, you might have to use a bit of customization, but nothing too crazy.

Basically, you will need to tweak the calendar views to add capacity validation (role-based) around the info you want to “protect”.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

I would also recommend reading the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Controlling content access’ is closed to new replies.