Control how categories are displayed in Community Event post form?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Control how categories are displayed in Community Event post form?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rkabma
    Participant

Is it possible to control the order the categories are displayed in the front-end form, and also select some but not all categories to be displayed? Looking for a solution either within the plugin, or a suggestion for a way to set up our categories that will meet the needs of the site better than the default alphabetical listing of all categories.

Casey
    Participant

rkabma,
    Thanks for reaching out! Regarding this question:

select some but not all categories to be displayed

You can hide the categories that you don’t want to display using some CSS like so:

#tribe-community-events #event-categories #tribe_events_cat-3 {display:none;}

If you add the above CSS to your theme’s stylesheet, it will hide the checkbox of the category with an ID of 3. So, feel free to modify that CSS to suit your specific needs.

Is it possible to control the order the categories are displayed in the front-end form

Unfortunately, selecting the order that the categories are displayed in isn’t currently possible without modifying the core plugin files. If this is something you’d like to see in a future release, I would suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

Let me know if that helps to answer your questions, or if you need further help. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

rkabma
    Participant

We are all set, thank you!

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/jw

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Control how categories are displayed in Community Event post form?’ is closed to new replies.