Continuously Replicating Re-Occuring Events Causing Major Server Issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Continuously Replicating Re-Occuring Events Causing Major Server Issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Craig Grant
    Participant

I reported this the other day in another active ticket for a different site and wasn’t given any assistance on it so I am now submitting it as it’s own ticket, so this needs high priority response.

My calendar had under 250 events on it, most of which were 2 weekly reoccurring events (Monday night hangouts and Wednesday Webinars), but after updating the Event Calendar Pro plugin a week ago those 2 reoccurring events started replicating at an alarming rate and grew to over 60,000! This is causing my server resources to spike considerably and is affecting the performance of this site as well as several others I have running on the same VPS. I had GoDaddy’s Fully Managed Server Support Team run a Slow Query Test they ran determined the Event Calendar Pro plugin is 100% the cause of the issues my VPS (see script provided below).

Trying to be proactive, I just deleted all 60,000+ entries from the WP_Posts and WP_Posts_Meta tables and reinstalled the Event Calendar and Event Calendar Pro plugins and started adding the calendar items back in with one test of the weekly reoccurring event for Monday Hangouts (this time I limited it to end at the end of 2016) and so far it is not replicating. So my questions are:
    1) why did this happen previously?
    2) if it does start replicating again, how long would it take for that to happen/start again
    3) what do we do if it happens again?

Here’s the script that was identified as causing the problems previously:

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.*, MIN(wp_postmeta.meta_value) as EventStartDate, MIN(tribe_event_end_date.meta_value) as EventEndDate FROM wp_posts INNER JOIN wp_postmeta ON ( wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id ) LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( wp_posts.ID = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) WHERE 1=1 AND ( wp_posts.post_parent = 12910 OR wp_posts.ID = 12910 ) AND (
    wp_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’
    ) AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND ((wp_posts.post_status = ‘publish’)) AND (wp_postmeta.meta_value >= ‘2016-06-27 14:35:05’ OR (wp_postmeta.meta_value <= ‘2016-06-27 14:35:05’ AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_value >= ‘2016-06-27 14:35:05’ )) GROUP BY wp_posts.ID ORDER BY EventStartDate ASC, wp_posts.post_date ASC LIMIT 27120, 10;

George
    Participant

Hi there Craig,

I see you are demanding a high priority response, but note that this is for a site for which you have not paid for, http://reti.us

I posted quite clearly in your other thread that you cannot get support on a site you have not paid for.

Does this anger you? Does this make you want to write about how you are upset with our support? That is fine, but please do be aware of the following facts before assuming the role of being justified in your outrage:

That extra Personal License I added to your account—for free—was to try and help with the odd “out of installs” messages you were getting on omcar.com. Here’s a screenshot of where I clarified the nature of this license, on your old thread:

And here’s another screenshot from that thread where I clarified what the licenses are:

I am closing this thread, and cancelling that license now that your issues with omcar.com license installs—which, to recap, were the specific issues in regards to which I made the license!—are fixed.

Please do not post other threads about http://reti.us unless you have a premium license that allows for the support of another domain name in addition to your maxed-out Business License’s three domains. These threads will be closed

George

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Continuously Replicating Re-Occuring Events Causing Major Server Issues’ is closed to new replies.