Continuing problems with iCal Importer

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Continuing problems with iCal Importer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    krosebraugh
    Participant

Received this email from my client:

We continue to have difficulties with the calendar. It’s not working. It’s no longer duplicating, but it now shows our event times different online than what is on our main calendar. I have attached a sample. Ipad Training is scheduled at 6pm on our main outlook calendar, and on the website it shows 11am.

Also, the online calendar doesn’t go past June 2016.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Krosebraugh,

I would love to help you with this. There is an issue with Office 365 and iCal import and that’s why you’re seeing the timezone not be honored. Surprisingly Office 365 is using nonstandard timezones, and because of this our Calendar can not understand them. You will see this issue with other calendar apps as well. However, we are working to fix this all the same even if it is not the fault of our calendar, we want to be compatible with Office 365.

This will likely be fixed in less than 3 weeks, I can not guarantee that date but that is the rough schedule for the current fix. I added your topic to the list of those affected by this so you will be notified when a fix is ready. Until then, hold tight and please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

– Brook

krosebraugh
    Participant

Well isn’t that just like Microsoft not to play by the same rules as everyone else. Please notify me when this issue is fixed. Thanks!

Brook
    Participant

I know! I was not completely surprised when the cause was discovered. But hey at least they keep things interesting for us.

We will definitely get back to you. Cheers!

– Brook

krosebraugh
    Participant

Since we are waiting on a fix to this problem I decided to change the import frequency to once a month but it is not listening to me. It keeps importing every 10 min. I also unchecked Overwrite Existing to keep it from updating events that I had corrected but it doesn’t listen to that either.

Is this a hopeless cause?

Brook
    Participant

Well that’s odd. Would you mind temporarily installing a third party plugin to help diagnose this? WP Crontrol once installed has this screen. What does your shows? Does it perhaps show a 10 minute import and a monthly one? Or just the 10 minute one?

I think this might relate to a known bug in 4.1.4+ where settings do not always save, even though they should. That is set to to be patched in 4.2.1 as well.

• Brook
    krosebraugh
    Participant

tribe_events_ical-importer_do_scheduled_import shows a 10min, 1 day, and 1 month. Should I delete the ones I don’t want?

Brook
    Participant

Yeah I that’s a good idea. There should be no harm in removing those and it should cause the imports to happen when you expect. Did that work?

• Brook
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey there,

We wanted to follow-up to let you know that we were able to patch this up in iCal Importer 4.2.2, which is now available to download and install if you haven’t done so already.

Please do be sure to check out our release notes for a full overview of what’s new in the release and feel free to let us know if you run into this or any other issues after the update.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Continuing problems with iCal Importer’ is closed to new replies.