Content/Body Location

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Content/Body Location

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    worldgolfskills
    Participant

Howdy! I’m wondering if it’s possible to have the body/content appear below the ‘Details’ and ‘Venue’ sections of a single page view. For example, I would like to embed a registration form below the ‘Venue’ section on the following page.

https://events.worldgolfskills.com/event/world-golf-fest/

Thanks!

worldgolfskills
    Participant

I think I may have found a solution by embedding the registration form into the footer. However, do you know how I can remove the similar event section that appears right below the ‘Venue’ section? On mine there is a different event called ‘World Par 3 Challenge (Last Chance Qualifying) that I would like to remove. I’ve checked the ‘Hide Related Events’ box in the event settings page that doesn’t appear to have provided me with a proper solution and I’m unable to find any custom CSS to resolve this issue in previous threads. Thanks!

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Ok. I’ve been working on this all day and think I was able to resolve the majority of the issue as you can see by visiting https://events.worldgolfskills.com/event/world-par-3-challenge-last-chance-qualifying/

I embedded the custom CSS to remove the previous/next functionality utilizing the following code.

body.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-sub-nav {
    display: none;
    }

However, as you can see there is still a lot of padding that exists that I would like to remove in between the ‘Venue’ section and where is says ‘Register Now’. My theme padding is set to 0px, so there must be something else I need to do to further remove the padding that was around the previous/next functionality.

If we can resolve that, I should be golden!

Hunter

Hi and welcome back!

The most efficient way to identify CSS classes and IDs is to use the ‘Inspect‘ tool. This YouTube Video does a good job of explaining how it works. Our Themer’s Guide is also a great resource for learning how to make custom templates. I recommended taking some time to learn that process as it will make this type of work much easier down the road. This is another YouTube video I like to recommend on creating child themes.

Try adding the following CSS snippet to your theme’s CSS panel or style.css file:

#tribe-events-footer {
    margin-bottom: 0;
    }

Let me know if any of this helps and best of luck. Cheers 🙂

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

Thanks for the message. That seemed to help a little bit, but doesn’t look like it took out the section where the previous/next buttons were embedded? Is there another custom CSS code that I can enter to remove this section?

Thanks!

Hunter

Hello,

I took another look at your site but I’m not really sure how much padding you want, so as previously mentioned, try and use the ‘Inspect‘ tool to identify the classes/IDs you need and makes changes accordingly.

If you can send over a screenshot highlighting what you’re referring to and what you’d like, I’ll do my best to accommodate. Take care and thanks for the update. Cheers 🙂

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hi Hunter.

Thanks for the quick reply. The area that I’m trying to reduce is the white area in the attached document between the grey ‘Details’ box and the ‘Registration’ button. See attachment.

This used to be where there was a navigation button on the left and one on the right that would take you to a different event. I was able to remove this utilizing the following code, but the white area that it was housed in remained.

body.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-sub-nav {
    }

Hunter

Hello,

Without being able to test the code below myself, I can’t guarantee either will work, but try them out and let me know how things go. Adjust the -50px to whatever value you’d like. Cheers!

.single-tribe_events #tribe-events-footer {
    }

.single-tribe_events #tribe-events-content {
    margin-bottom: -50px;
    }

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hi Hunter. It looks like this should help to resolve me issue for the most part. Thanks for your help!

Hunter

Thank you for letting me know the status of your issue and I’ll go ahead and close the thread out. Feel free to open a new one if you have any more questions or concerns. Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Content/Body Location’ is closed to new replies.