Content on hompage

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Content on hompage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dustin

After playing around with your free version I was about to purchase pro and several other upgrades when I ran into a problem. I couldn’t make the http://www.mywebpage.com/events page, my homepage. Not being about to do this is a deal killer but I figured I couldn’t be the only one wanting to do this, so I did several hours of searching. What I found was about a dozen different ways to back door this with no real answer from the people who make the plug-in on how it’s done. I understand there isn’t a simple click this button to make it happen, but I’m sure the experts who created the plug-in know the best way to get it done. Specifically, in a way that won’t harm SEO and doesn’t involve widgets or additional plug-ins. I eagerly await your reply so I can either fork over several hundred dollars or move on. Thank you.

George
    Participant

Hey Dustin,

Thanks for reaching out.

We have a knowledgebase article here that covers the officially-recommended ways of doing what you describe ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-make-your-calendar-your-sites-home-page/

If those methods aren’t satisfactory, then there aren’t really any other officially-recommended ways of doing this. When it comes to SEO, the impact should be negligible if anything, because the redirect in this case is NOT a redirect of an old URL to a new URL—it’s just a redirect between two existing pages, the home page (e.g. example.com) to a sub-page (e.g. example.com/events).

— George

Dustin

Thank you. I would like to note that adding a plugin just to redirect one page is a waste and can contribute to a slower website which can hurt SEO. There are about a hundred different examples found online on how to accomplish a 301 redirect using .htaccess modification. If you’re not an expert, you won’t know which one to go with. It would be great to see instructions on Modern Tribe’s preferred .htaccess modification instructions included on the page you linked to.

George
    Participant

I appreciate the feedback, Dustin. If there are so many examples online of how to do a 301 redirect, then it may be tough to pick just one or two methods from our knowledgebase, but it’s definitely something we can look into and perhaps share links to other resources that include good redirecting information.

There are also some WordPress plugins that provide good 301 redirect functionality better than others, so that’s a great option to explore, too.

This thread is marked “resolved” so I will close it up for now. Open a new thread any time if other issues or questions arise.

— George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Content on hompage’ is closed to new replies.