Consolidating Multiple Facebook Event Times Into One

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Consolidating Multiple Facebook Event Times Into One

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Taylor

In the case when I have a comedy show ( non-recurring ) that runs Wednesday through Sunday, with multiple show times,
    1. how does that display ? Can you send me a link to view an example?

2. When the Facebook plugin imports the Facebook event, does it create multiple entries for every showtime? After I create the Facebook Event, will it import the event on my web site calendar with ONE entry? That would be ideal?

Thanks,

Taylor

Also, is it possible to import the Facebook Event Banner, and have it display in a list view on my wordpress page?

Taylor

Hello? Is this thing on ?

Geoff

Hi there, Taylor!

Yes, indeed, your mic is on. πŸ™‚

Good questions. If you have an event that spans multiple days at multiple times, thenΒ I think the best approach would be to create a single event for each timeslot. For example, if you event runs Wednesday through Sunday and it occurs in three different slots through those days, then I would create three events. Otherwise, you could do the inverse and create one event for each day that spans that timeslot, or one single event that covers all those times from Wednesday to Sunday.

When you import events from Facebook, one event post will be created for each Facebook event entry. It’s a 1-to-1 deal, but you can choose to selectively import events and skip others.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Taylor

Geoff,

Can you send me a few links to view examples of how those might look ?

Geoff

Hi Taylor!

I don’t have any links that show that scenario offhand, though we do have a showcase where you may be able to find some examples. The Events Calendar is a free download so you can also give it a spin–sometimes it’s best to see how it will look on your exact site. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Taylor

Geoff, so it’s never been done? But you are selling a plugin for it ?

Geoff

I’m certainly not implying that it hasn’t been done–I just don’t have a readily available example to share.

We do make the core plugin available as a free download. If you use the examples I provided in my first reply, that should give you a good idea of how the feature works and whether it will be a good fit for what you’re looking for. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey Taylor! This thread has been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. I hope you were able to give the plugin a spin. Please let me know if you have any other questions as you work with it and we’d be happy to help. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Consolidating Multiple Facebook Event Times Into One’ is closed to new replies.