Connect to Tableau via SQL database

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Connect to Tableau via SQL database

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kathryn Tuite

Hello,

I am looking to use your Community Events feature to allow multiple users to create events to a large calendar. I need to connect Tableau to this database (possible through MySQL). I would like to run a query in Tableau and have it update my Tableau database with any new events or changes to events.

Would it be easy to find the table in the SQL database that stores the Event Calendar data, or do you have another suggestion for how to do this?

Thank you!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kathryn!

Thanks for reaching out to us and for your interest in Community Events.

All the events generated by our plugins are a ‘tribe_events’ custom post type, so you should be able to access them like any other regular post type for a WordPress site, in the wp_posts table.

I’m not familiar with Tableau and not exactly sure about the implementation you need to accomplish with it. But, let also point you to the following article that explains how you can create cutom queries for our events using the tribe_get_events function > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-tribe_get_events/

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Connect to Tableau via SQL database’ is closed to new replies.