Confused About What to Buy

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Confused About What to Buy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Yehuda Gefen

Hello
    I am creating a site for a non-profit with a (naturally) limited budget. I need to consider the minimal number of products to meet these requirements:

• Compatibility with Beaver Builder and Brand theme
    • Ability to create a user friendly (form) event input with user login access avoiding the WP console
    • Ability to create recurring events and then modify individual occurrences via user friendly, login access form input (not WP console)
    • Aggregation of the proprietary EC calendar with a Google calendar. Available separately?
    • Ability to query calendars for unique events and provide alternative message on a zero result to create…
    • Short codes for inclusion into Beaver text and other modules so that singular events are displayed within other static text and formatted consistent with the site theme

Many thanks!
    Yehuda Gefen

Courtney

Hello Yehuda

First, you can apply for our non-profit discount by completing the form at https://theeventscalendar.com/apply-for-npp. If you qualify, it could include Events Calendar Pro and Event Tickets Plus.

⚠️Please Note: Licenses granted through this program do not include access to support. 
    If you need in-depth support, 
    please consider purchasing a regular license.

Our plugins do work with Beaver Builder typically. Exceptions are when users may have some very unique custom php & css code in their child theme. It can certainly be resolved though.

Additional form input is part of the Event Tickets Plus plugin.

Event Aggregator is our way to import multiple sources of data, including other sites using The Events Calendars or even Google Calendar. That is a $89 license, renewing annually.

Creating an alternative message might be delving into custom coding that could exceed our Scope of Support / Terms. However the Themer’s Guide is a good place to start learning how to do your own custom overrides.

That said, you can give this a test yourself by searching for something on http://wpshindig.com/events (our demo site)

Short code support is provided with Events Calendar Pro. It will work in most of the Beaver Builder modules, though I haven’t tested it against things like sliders.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Yehuda Gefen

Hello Courtney,

This is all great!

Just two items to clarify:

1 My issue of short codes is to solve the following requirement:

This is a synagogue and I need to post the name of the individual that will officiate at services. Using a tag or other identifier, I want to create a class of event in which each event only contains a name. In a Beaver Builder text editor module I would write:
    “This week, <short code ‘name’> will officiate”
    By creating a multitude of events, the site would programmatically update the name as appropriate. I would need to filter the event query something like

select the name
    from the Event Calendar
    given the current date is less than or equal to the event date
    where the event date is in the future and
    the tag is ‘Officiant’

Probably need to substitute the text ‘To be Determined’ if no rows were returned.

2 Just to be clear: The form input that I need is for event creation, not event attendance. I would like a form for the employee to create/modify/delete events both one-time and recurring

Many thanks for your prompt and kind support!

Kindest regards,
    Yehuda Gefen

Courtney

Hello Yehuda

Unfortunately, we don’t currently integrate an organizer filter in to our shortcodes. If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

You can suggest it it https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17482138-create-shortcode-attribute-organizer-for-tribe.

But another solution would be to use WordPress tags. These appear on the right hand side of events/posts. You could use categories based upon each officiant’s name. Then use the shortcode <samp>[tribe_events view=”list” category=”barbecue”]</samp>.

If you’d like that on a widget sized area, rather than a full page, you could use tags instead of categories. [tribe_events_list tags=”rabbi1, rabbi2, speaker3″ category=”tickets-available”]. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/ has more filters available. Using a shortcode will display the content in different view options, such as a mini-calendar, a list, etc. It will show the next few events in chronological order from the nearest to the furthest away, omitting any that have passed.

Another detail worth noting is that you can get a link to organizer events. If you see http://wpshindig.com/event/network-ask-advise-discuss-and-learn/2017-07-12/ has an organizer that you can click on, you’ll see that organizer’s events in list view.

The widget will simply be hidden if no data is available.

and #2

Our form for event creation is Community Events. However, this doesn’t really sound quite like what you need. It would allow you to have a level of user access to submit an event, edit their own events, and delete their own events. You can test that out at http://wpshindig.com/events/community/add. Otherwise, you may want to create a WP Admin Dashboard level of user access for the employee access. They don’t have to be full admins, but might need a bit more control than Community Events can offer.

Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Confused About What to Buy’ is closed to new replies.