Confused about the public attendee list

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Confused about the public attendee list

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

I’m a new customer getting familiar with the community bundle, and I’m confused about the purpose of the (nearly undocumented) public facing attendee list. There are a couple of options on various pages for turning it on and off, allowing your own attendance to be displayed or not displayed, but for me the end result is the attached image.

Given the amount of checkboxes surrounding this, I’m assuming under the guise of privacy, I’m curious what the purpose of it is when having everything turned on results in a display of information that is not meaningful in any way. Consider the following points:

• The number of avatars provides no meaningful information. In my scenario, three people are registered (1 order, 3 tickets), yet only one “avatar” is displayed. The written number of attendees will never equal the number of avatars unless each order only has 1 ticket and they all choose to be displayed on the attendee list.
    • The avatar itself provides no meaningful information. If your customers have gravitars (mine don’t), maybe this will be useful if you’re a very closely knit group?
    • There is no other meaningful information provided by the attendees list.

Given the above, I’m curious why even go through the trouble to implement such privacy features if nothing of value is given away. This could be such a more powerful feature and a huge selling point if you could

1. Not make it optional to be on the attendee list
    2. Show names, ticket purchased, additional custom ticket fields in the list

Unless these are features already that I’m missing? Given the amount of documentation I’m completely lost on this. I would love to be able to put my foot in my mouth on this one.

Jason

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out!

This feature is something that several users like to use to help engage other users in the event without giving away information that they may want to be kept private. I can see your point though about the result not being extremely useful in some cases.

While there are not currently any other out of the box settings (besides the ones you mentioned) to change the way it displays, you can hide the option to opt out of being included in the public list by adding the following to the Custom CSS area under Appearance > Customize (if you have one) or to the style.css file of your child theme:

tr.tribe-tickets-attendees-list-optout {
    display: none !important;
    }

To display the other information that you mentioned (names, tickets purchased, and additional fields), you would need to do a customization. We are not currently able to do customizations for you, but our themer’s guide has some great info on customizing our plugins. Additionally, we are always here to answer questions and help point you in the right direction if you get stuck! The template for the attendees list can be found at: /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/attendees-list.php. This example may also be helpful as a starting point in adding in attendee names.

Finally, I would also recommend posting this as a feature request over in our Feature Ideas Forum, which is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help plan future development efforts.

I’m sorry I don’t have a more straight-forward answer on how to achieve what you’re looking for, but please let me know if that helps and if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Confused about the public attendee list’ is closed to new replies.