Conflict with Firefox and Weaver II in single event view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Conflict with Firefox and Weaver II in single event view

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    johnmuirlaws
    Participant

I use the Weaver II theme. There is a glitch when viewing the calendar in single event view. The contents of the page will appear as a long vertical column (one letter wide) on the right side of the page. Does anyone know a fix for this?

johnmuirlaws
    Participant

To clarify, the problem goes away when I revert to twenty eleven. It is only there in Weaver II

Barry

That’s strange. If you are using the Default Events Template (please see the Events > Settings > Template screen to confirm this) you could try adding some HTML before and after the calendar, like this:

Before:

<div id="main"> <div id="container_wrap">

After:

</div> </div>

Alternatively you could try one of the other options from the same admin screen (such as Default Page Template or any other template offered by your theme).

Let me know if that helps, if it doesn’t there are a few other things we can do here.

johnmuirlaws
    Participant

I am using the Default events template. I have added the HTML before and after. I do not get a change. I played around with the templates. When I changed the template to default page template, I got the content to show up but with a sidebar on the right for the first event but the text was compressed on the left side, not using the full window. The odd thing is that this would work for the first item that I would view, the rest were back to the single row of letter on the right side. By doing this a few times, I can get several of them to show (one in a diferent format). But still most of the items have that scrunced on the right side column.

johnmuirlaws
    Participant

Also the HTML made compressed the text box area in Safari. Removing the HTML corrects the problem in Safari and the three variations of what happened in Firefox can still be seen.
    content visible but scrunched left with sidebar http://www.johnmuirlaws.com/event/landscape-shortcuts-2/
    content visible but blank area on right http://www.johnmuirlaws.com/event/landscape-shortcuts/
    column of single letters on right http://www.johnmuirlaws.com/event/landscape-shortcuts-3/

Barry

So you have three different events each displaying slightly differently.

I can see in one of those (landscape-shortcuts) the div#main and div#copntainer_wrap are in place, that on another (landscape-shortcuts-2) they are also present however it looks like the theme may have added some additional CSS classes, and on the remaining one (landscape-shortcuts-3) they aren’t present at all.

Can you fill me in on what’s happening here (since normally they would all share a common layout and be produced via the same template)?

johnmuirlaws
    Participant

Thank you Barry,
    I will be as helpful as I can but I am not highly technical. I have not intentionally added any styling to the pages. I also am puzzled as to why it is looking different on different pages. I know that when I added the material in the header and the footer, the first page that I opened in firefox had no change. I then changed the template from default events to default page. The page I was looking at when I refreshed had my default sidebar and the content in the window for text was compresed into the left half of the box. When I tried to view the next event it reverted to the single column on the right that is one letter wide. I then saw that the formatting in safari was messed up as well so I removed the header and footer additions and at least things looked OK in Safari. Should I put that header footer bit back in so you can view it with that turned on? If so I would only like to do so for a short period so I am not broken on two browsers.

johnmuirlaws
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Just to clarify (and sorry if this wasn’t clear) the idea was to add that HTML before and after using the Add HTML Before Calendar and Add HTML After Calendar fields in the Events > Settings > Template screen.

If that doesn’t work, though, the alternative would be to override and customize ecp-single-template.php (since, if I understand correctly, it is only single events that are affected) and make that customization there – basically bringing it into line with your theme’s own templates.

To make this take effect you would also need to have Default Events Template selected. Some guides that could be useful here:

* FAQ giving an overview of the probable cause and solution
    * Our themer’s guide
    * This tutorial on template overrides

It’s possible the difference between different events is a by-product of caching … do you have a caching plugin enabled and active (if so, does clearing the cache bring the pages back into line)?

Chris
    Participant

Hi there,
    We haven’t heard from you in a while, so I’m going to close this one. Feel free to open a new ticket if you need help 🙂

-Chris

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Conflict with Firefox and Weaver II in single event view’ is closed to new replies.