Conflict since last update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Conflict since last update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dennis
    Participant

Hi There, the last update (21-12-2016) has resulted in a scrambled page layout.. it seems that the positioning of the content of a single event has been affected and also the width of the content seems narrowed. Please advise.
    Please refer to the following link to see the problem: https://thehighfivecompany.com/event/professionals-expo-2017/

Cliff

Hi, Dennis.

I visited that link but didn’t see anything very obviously an error.

Could you please provide an annotated screenshot of the issue you’re seeing?

Also, this might have to do with a recently-discovered bug — does the issue go away if you unset the event’s featured image (i.e. the event does NOT have a featured image)?

Thank you.

Dennis
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    Removing the featured image does not have any effect. Please find a screenshot attached. You can see that the left alignment is distorted and the right alignment of the content section of the event as well. The word ‘RSVP’ appears on the top right corner..

Dennis
    Participant

Hi Cliff, for the time being I have had to roll back to the previous versions which did not have the issue. It’s the busiest time of the year and I do not have the time to look into it further. I’ll revert beginning of next year! 🙂

Cliff

Thanks for that screenshot and explanation.

I’d strongly guess that this is related to your theme.

I’d definitely report this issue to them now, in advance of your expected update in January.

Dennis
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    Would you have any update on this?

Cliff
    Dennis
    Participant

Hi Cliff, I saw that and tested it but it did not resolve the issue. The whole page layout remains distorted.

Cliff

In that case, I don’t believe it’s that known issue and I’ll refer you back to my December 22 reply, which states my opinion that this is an issue specific to your theme.

Did you ever contact your theme author/support about this issue? If yes, what did they say?

Did you try another theme, such as Twenty Seventeen? If yes, did the issue go away?

Bill
    Participant

To fix my similar issue I added this CSS to force the event containers to span 100%. It fixed it.

.tribe-events-event-image+div.tribe-events-content, 
    div.tribe-events-single-event-description.tribe-events-content,
    .tribe-events-content { width:  100% !important; }
    Cliff

Thanks, Bill.

Please share which theme you’re using.

Dennis
    Participant

Hi Cliff, I contacted UXThemes (Flatsome) and they have confirmed nothing’s changed on their side so they pass it back to you.. Obviously in your latest update something has changed which does not go well with Flatsome. What to do next?

Cliff

This makes sense… If someone creates a theme that integrates with our plugin, then our plugin code changes, it’s the responsibility of the theme author to keep their theme up-to-date with our latest versions.

Often, there can be a delay (e.g. 1-2 weeks after our plugin updates) even for themes that are on top of things and update quickly to any changes.

Therefore, you’re either stuck in the middle (sorry, but it’s not our theme) or it’ll eventually get fixed for you.

Sorry I can’t offer more help, but we don’t offer support for non-default WordPress themes, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

Dennis
    Participant

Hi Cliff, it seems that the updates which were disclosed yesterday resolved the issue with the individual event page layout!

Cliff

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Conflict since last update’ is closed to new replies.