Conflict : All Links don't work outside of plugins

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Conflict : All Links don't work outside of plugins

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Hello

I use WP w/ all tribe plugins :

The event calendar PRO
    Event Ticket Plus
    Community Events + Community Tickets
    Events aggregator

For the links inside your plugins >> it works, i can buy tickets >> https://myoffticket.com/events/

BUT, all the other HTML links don’t work

For instance, on the bottom of the Home page i created a link that is supposed to go to https://myoffticket.com/about
    You can test it by clicking the “My OFF Ticket” link (the page seems to load but nothing happens and the page stays frozen)

If i want to create a menu, same problem, all the links don’t work

I use WordPress 4.7
    All my plugins are up to date
    My theme is Qode Bridge theme (also up to date) Version: 10.1.1

YES, i tested reverting the theme to one default and in this case it’s working, but what to do ?

Many thanks in advance

George
    Participant

Thanks for reaching out Stéphane.

You say this in your post:

You YES, i tested reverting the theme to one default and in this case it’s working, but what to do ?

☝️ Just to be clear, do you mean that if you do nothing else on your site except change to a default theme, all of the links start working again?

Thanks,
    George

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Hello George, Thanks for your fast answer

Yes, when i inverted the theme, the links were working, so yes it’s a conflict with my theme but only with the links generated by the WP itself (menu, html links _self in text area…)

All other links generated by Woocommerce or The event calendar are working

Thank you for your time

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

In fact, i’m almost ready to sell tickets with a mailing/waiting list quite big. (all plugins are configured, Stripe ok…)

I would like to know how to make these links work in order to make the 3 last pages of the website, and be able to announce / launch it… and start selling 🙂

Thanks for your help

George
    Participant

Hey Stephane,

Thanks for confirming this. If doing nothing else on your site but deactivating your theme makes things work, then your theme is causing those things to break.

We do not make that theme and our plugins are not related to your theme, so there is fortunately not much we can do from a support side here — please contact the support and developers of that theme and see if they have insights as to why their theme is breaking navigation links.

Best of luck with your site!
    George

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

They gave me the exact same answer “Our theme is working without these plugins, so contact the editor…”

That’s my main problem… in the meantime, i stay stuck

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Do you have themes that you did and recommend ?
    Thanks

George
    Participant

Hey Stéphane,

Earlier you said that if you do nothing but deactivate the theme, the links work.

Can you please confirm what happens if you leave that theme active, but deactivate The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, and Events Calendar Pro on your site? Do the links then work, or do they still stay broken?

Sorry to ask this again, I’m just a bit confused about what exactly happens on your site. Please let me know.

George

George
    Participant

Sorry, Stéphane.

Let me be more clear. I would recommend doing these specific steps:

1. Deactivate EVERY PLUGIN on your site.
    2. Do your issues with the menu links happen in this state?

Thanks!
    George

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

I see exactly your point.

With no plugins activated, the links are working. So i can try by activating the other plugins one by one and investigate to find the plugin that is in conflict with the links

Thank you, i let you know asap

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

The links are working until i activate the ‘Event Tickets Plus’ plugin.

As soon as i activate it, the links (_self) stop working

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Now that we proved that the conflict comes from “Event Tickets Plus” and that everything is working properly without it

> Does your support can help me ?
    > Does your support recommend another theme ? (would be extreme but, anyway, i need to work)

Thank you in advance

George
    Participant

Hi Stéphane,

I’m really sorry about the back and forth here. But when you say this:

The links are working until i activate the ‘Event Tickets Plus’ plugin.

1. If you have Event Tickets Plus active and your Qode Bridge theme active, do the links work?

2. If you have Event Tickets Plus active and a default theme like Twenty Twelve or Twenty Seventeen active, do the links work?

I am trying to recreate these problems and cannot at all. 🙁 I appreciate your patience and am going to see if any of our developers have any insight on this.

Thanks so much for your patience!
    George

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Hi George

1) With Event Tickets Plus active and Bridge active, the links don’t work

2) With Event Tickets Plus active and the default theme (Twenty sixteen) the links are working

George
    Participant

Hi Stéphane,

Thanks for confirming this. This fact here is important:

2) With Event Tickets Plus active and the default theme (Twenty sixteen) the links are working

☝️ I cannot recreate the issues you describe on my own local site at all, so this fact here—that things work fine once you’ve got the default theme active—is a very clear indicator that the Qode Bridge theme is the cause of the problem.

Please contact the Qode Bridge theme for further assistance as to why their theme breaks menu links.

When it comes to theme recommendations, I would recommend any theme from wordpress.org/themes or from arraythemes.com — these are all well-coded themes.

Sincerely,
    George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Conflict : All Links don't work outside of plugins’ is closed to new replies.