Configuring page title for EducationWP theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Configuring page title for EducationWP theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    konnected
    Participant

Hi there, we have been trying to figure out the page title issue for the Calendar page and Single Event pages with no luck. We are using this education theme: https://themeforest.net/item/education-wordpress-theme-education-wp.

The best Events Template that works is the Blank Template (included in theme), as the Default Events template messes up and squishes our footer. We have tried each template available, but can’t get the page Titles to cooperate.

Do you have any other customers with this theme ( it’s quite high selling ) who have successfully integrated it? Or, can you help us out with configuring things correctly? I can provide the theme files if necessary.

Thanks for any help.

*Long time free version user, first time Pro user 🙂

Hi Tyler,

Welcome and thanks for reaching out!

Just to let you know, we are limited by our Support Policy in how much we can assist with customizations, but I’d love to help point you in the right direction!

Try adding this snippet to your WordPress Customizer or child theme stylesheet:

div.page-title-wrapper {
    display:none;
    }

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

konnected
    Participant

Sorry, I didn’t explain too well. The page titles are showing as either blank (no title), or the same for every page, just says “Page Title”. We can’t get it to show the event name, or the category name, or even just ‘Events’ at the top in the page title.

Hi Tyler,

I scanned some of the documentation related to the theme and it seems that you can turn off “Show Page Title” in the Header options.  But you may also be able to make a category called “Events” so that it shows Events (or other categories if you want).

Here is the documentation I was referring to:

http://education.themerex.net/doc/

I am not familiar with this theme, but if you are still having issues, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.

This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

konnected
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Tyler,

Just to let you know, we are limited by our Support Policy in how much we can assist with customizations, but I’d love to help point you in the right direction!

I’ve taken a look at your theme and if you go to the WordPress Customizer, you can hide the Page Title text in the header on any pages you want (like events pages).  You can also add a Sub Heading, like “Events” for your events pages.

In addition, one other thing to look into is the stylesheet that you are using.  You mentioned that you are using the Blank Page template.  You can also play around with your stylesheet options, which determine how much of your theme is pulled in to your events calendar pages.

You can read more about that here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/stylesheets-and-page-templates/

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Configuring page title for EducationWP theme’ is closed to new replies.