Conditional logic for recurring events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Conditional logic for recurring events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Glenton Samuels

I have a client who’s church broadcasts a live video every Sunday. On the church’s website, there’s a live video player that’s being displayed while the event is live and when it’s finished, a countdown timer is shown counting down to the next event the following week.

Right now I’m doing this manually with the Date/Time picker and a dropdown from Advanced Custom Fields Pro to make that logic work.

I want to know this scenario is possible to automate this process with The Events Calendar Pro.

So say I have a recurring weekly event happening every Sunday from 9 AM to 1 PM with The Events Calendar. Could I do something like the following?

[If the weekly event is now]

Show the live player here

[Otherwise, if the event has passed]

Show the countdown here

[endif]

Is this possible?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Glen,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

That is an awesome question!

I believe that should be possible with some custom development.

You would need to create a template override for the single event template, and add the ‘if … else’ block there.

And you can do a comparison between the current date/time and tribe_event_is_on_date.

If that function doesn’t suit you than feel free to search our documentation.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Conditional logic for recurring events’ is closed to new replies.