Conditional display based on category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Conditional display based on category

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dkinney
    Participant

One the single event template, I need to display some code ONLY if the event is in a specific category, and I need to do this after the title, so it is before the loop. Is there a code example?

Josh
    Participant

Hello Diane,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You can add the code you need to the single event template by following the instructions within our Themer’s Guide. You can copy the “single-event.php” file into your child theme using the instructions from the guide ( would copy to  ‘wp-content/your-theme/tribe-events/single-event.php’) .

Then, under the header there you could use the “has_term” WordPress conditional to check to see if this event is assigned to your desired category. If so, you could then display your desired content.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

dkinney
    Participant

This is EXACTLY what I have been trying with no success.
    <?
    if (has_term( ‘exhibits’, ‘event-categories’ ) ) {
    echo “It works”;
    };
    ?>

Josh
    Participant

Hello Diane,

Try using “tribe_events_cat” instead of “event-categories” for the taxonomy and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello dkinney,

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. We like to close tickets after they’ve been inactive for a while. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Conditional display based on category’ is closed to new replies.