Compatibility Question

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Compatibility Question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alexis

I am setting up a new WordPress site for a client. The Hueman is well suited for their needs. After reviewing a lot of calendar plugins The Event Calendar with Event Tickets fits their needs well. I installed both free versions. (They will need the pro version when we go live).

Everything works well except that the date picker calendars overlap and are not usable. I did a full compatibility test and found that the problem seems to be in using The Event Calendar with the Hueman theme. To be sure I was correct, I did a clean test install of WordPress, Installed The Event Calendar using the Twenty Seventeen theme and the date pickers worked fine. I installed and activated the Hueman theme and date pickers once again were overlapped.

Is there any way to correct this or do I just need to select a different event calendar. (I am also looking at different themes, but my client has already accepted Hueman.)

This is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/oYFpACy.jpg

Geoff

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m stoked to hear you’re considering our plugins for your project and I hope everything will work nicely together and be a good fit. 🙂

That certainly does look like a styling conflict. It’s tough for me to gauge what is causing the conflict — for example, whether it’s the way the theme styles tables or whether the way both the theme and our plugin uses datepickers is simply conflicting with one another.

If it’s the way the theme handles styles, then it’s likely that can be resolved or cleaned up with some CSS work.

What’s interesting to me is that your screenshot appear to be from the WordPress admin. The Events Calendar does not try to inject any styling in there on its own, so my hunch is that it is coming from the theme. In fact, you seemed to confirm that when you said everything appeared to work fine when the theme was replaced with the default Twenty Seventeen theme.

It might be worth reaching out to the theme author and ask where that additional styling might be coming from and whether it can be excluded on admin pages where it is not needed, like Events.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete solution for you here, but I hope this at least helps get the ball rolling in the right direction.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Alexis

Thanks … I did reach out to the theme authors at the same time I reached out to you. I will let you know what I hear.

Geoff

Right on! Thanks for the heads up.

As a side note, we use our pre-sales forum is used to answer questions about purchasing our premium plugins. If you do wind up needing  technical support, it would be awesome if you could post your question to our WordPress.org support forum.

Or, if you already have an active license for one of premium plugins, please log into your account and post your topic to our premium support forum and we’d be happy to help there as well. 🙂

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

Alexis

Will do. … fyi … I do view this as a pre-sale question because until this is cleared up I cannot license the software for my clients.

Alexis

Alexis

FYI … my response from the Hueman theme folks.
    —————–

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for reporting this problem, I has not been reported yet.

We are going to fix it in the coming days. A new release of Hueman free and pro will be published by next Wednesday ( April 26th ). It will include a fix for this overlap issue for both versions of the theme.

Cheers and regards,

How would you rate my reply?
    Great Okay Not Good

Nicolas @presscustomizr

Press Customizr

@presscustomizr

Geoff

Right on, thanks Alexis!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Compatibility Question’ is closed to new replies.