Community Upload Images

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Upload Images

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fnfweb
    Participant

Hello,

Is it possible to make it so that people can select from previously uploaded images instead of uploading a new one on the community submission page? 90% of the time on my website, people are going to be uploading an identical photo to represent the event they’re listing, and I’d like it so that the same photo can be used over and over again instead of ending up with tens, hundreds, or even thousands of a duplicate photo in my media library/ being downloaded by the browser instead of cached and re-used for all instances.

An alternative if that’s not possible: One way that this could work in my case is to have the image be decided upon by the category someone adds the event to. For instance, there is a category called “Medicine Cabinet Makeover” and ALL events in that category will always have the same photo. Would it be possible to automatically assign the featured image that way?

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

fnfweb,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, without significant customizations, this functionality is not possible in the current version of the plugin. If this is something you’d like to see in a future release, I would suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

Please let me know if I can help further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Upload Images’ is closed to new replies.