September 7, 2018 at 5:02 pm #1616669
Hello, I tried to find the answer in your docs, and I apologize if I missed it.
With Community Tickets, can each Event Organizer enter their own PayPal account and collect their own fees? I’m not talking about split payments, or the Admin (Me) collecting fees.
Basically, I want each Event organizer to collect (and keep) their own fees, and not have me be responsible for handling or distributing any money at all.
If this is not possible, then perhaps the Multi-Site license of Events Tickets Plus might be better suited for my Use Case.
Thank you.September 10, 2018 at 7:23 am #1617506
Thanks for reaching out!
At the moment the functionality you are looking for – each organizer entering their PayPal account – is not available. If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.
perhaps the Multi-Site license of Events Tickets Plus might be better suited for my Use Case
I’m not sure I have enough information to be able to tell you with 100% sureness it is.
You can certainly set up a multisite with the calendar and Event Tickets Plus, and set up every site with a different PayPal address.
That also means you will have a separate calendar per organizer.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.
AndrasSeptember 10, 2018 at 7:26 am #1617513
Thanks! Well, let me ask this. It does allow for split payments (The Community Tickets Plugin), right? So, there must be the ability for organizers to enter their own PayPal information, to get their part of the split payment?
So, maybe it’s as easy as me making a quick fix to allow the site Admin (ME) to put in 0 for my ‘fee’ part of the split payment?
Thank you again for the response,
JasonSeptember 11, 2018 at 3:42 am #1618317
In theory, yes, that could be possible. Here are the variables though.
1. You can only use Split Payments if you already have an account for that from the past. PayPal has sunsetted Split/Adaptive Payments and is not accepting new registrations for this.
If you have a registration for split payments already, then you’re good.
2. You can set up that you take a flat fee for a ticket purchase. I checked, not sure why zero (0) doesn’t save. But you can use 0.1
I will check with the developers nonetheless, if zero cannot be saved because of us, or because of PayPal. If it’s because of PayPal, I’m not sure I can help you with this, then you’ll need to go with $0.1
3. If you have multiple organizers, then you will need a multisite installation, because split payments can only be set up per site and not per event.
AndrasSeptember 11, 2018 at 3:50 am #1618318
I just checked question #2.
PayPal doesn’t allow free tickets, that is why zero is not allowed. So you would need to go with the 1 cent ($0.01) option.
A.September 11, 2018 at 6:24 am #1618398
Alright, let me ask this is a more simple way.
1. Does the Community Events version (not Multi Site) allow event Organizers to store their own PayPal information?
I could write some code to get around the Split Payment thing, and use normal payments.
2. Does Community Events ONLY allow PayPal, or could I use another payment method valid in WooCommerce?September 12, 2018 at 2:21 am #1619292
1. No, it does not. even if you are using split payments, you (the admin) are the one that has to set up their payment details (which is basically entering their PayPal account email).
With some customization this could be possible I suppose. Allow the organizers to edit their profiles and add a coupe of custom fields there, which are needed for the payment settling. Like account email, secret key, etc. whatever would be needed.
Thank you could grab this data when handling a payment.
2. Community Events allows any payment gateway that WooCommerce allows. (It was only split payments that was restricted to PayPal’s Adaptive Payments service.) So whatever you set up in WooCommerce, that will be available as a payment gateway option. It can be even more.
A.October 4, 2018 at 9:35 am #1637449Support DroidKeymaster
Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.
Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support TeamAugust 22, 2019 at 12:08 pm #1859355CourtneyKeymaster
Wow – it’s been far longer than we’d like. Big news – we’ve relaunched the Split Payments functionality. You can read more about it here:
- The topic ‘Community Tickets Payments’ is closed to new replies.