Community Tickets – Enable split payments

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Community Tickets – Enable split payments

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Huiwen
    Participant

Hi,

Just want to make sure I understand correctly: once I activate “enable split payments”, it means that the proportional payments will flow automatically to the relevant accounts (of the event organiser and the fee collector) and the admin will have no control such as withholding the initial amount and only release it after the event is completed as expected. Is that correct?

If so, what if there’s fraudulent activity?

Hunter

Hi and thank you for reaching out.

You are correct. I imagine you’ve already read through the articles I’ve shared below, but they go into detail on how split payments work:

So long as you’re using PayPal, you should be protected from fraudulent activity. It’s honestly a question I’ve never been asked nor has it seemed to be a common issue.

I hope this helps answer your questions and please let me know if I can be of any more help. Cheers!

Huiwen
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

Many thanks for your response.

Yes I’ve read all these posts. Maybe I was not clear in framing my question but when I mentioned “fraudulent activities”, I was not referring to cyber security or alike.

Because my website is a marketplace platform, what concerns me is rather the situation where someone “fake” an ad (of a product or an activity) in order to get some money without actually delivering – so I was wondering: whether there could be a function like an escrow account associated with split payments function, where the website admin collects all the payments at the first place then releases the proportional payments only after the real product or activity is confirmed to have been delivered. That would also solve the potential problems such as cancellation and refunds, which are listed as one of the cons for this function.

I imagine that for now I can do it with paypal directly but that would involve lots of manual work, isn’t it? Or do you have other advice or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Huiwen

Hunter

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I definitely see the validity in your request, but it’s unfortunately something we have not incorporated into our plugins. I recommend submitting the request over at our UserVoice Feature Ideas page.

Sorry I can’t be of more help and I wish you the best of luck getting the functionality you need incorporated into your site. Best of luck and thanks again. Cheers!

Huiwen
    Participant

Thanks Hunter. Just added it in the link you suggested.

Hunter

Huiwen,

We actually discussed your suggestion today during our weekly team meeting! We truly appreciate you taking the time to submit the suggestion and hopefully we can get it built out and released soon! I’ll close this thread out but feel free to visit our UserVoice Feature Ideas any time you have a new suggestion. Have a great rest of your week 🙂

Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Tickets – Enable split payments’ is closed to new replies.