Community Tickets Check in Question

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Community Tickets Check in Question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Utsav
    Participant

Hi,

With community Tickets plugin, can event creator (other than site Admin) check in guests by scanning ticket’s QR code?

Thanks!

Geoff

Hey there, Utsav — great question!

Yes, anyone with a QR scanner on their phone and access to the WordPress admin can check attendees in at the door. I believe anyone with the editor role and above has that access.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Utsav
    Participant

Thank you Geoff.

I am using Community Tickets. When I scan the QR code of a test-ticket it redirects me to wordpress dashboard to check-in. I would like the QR code to go to the event creator’s page in the frontend of my website . Is that possible?

Geoff

That’s a good question. Actually, something sort of similar came up the other week and, while redirecting to the creator’s page is difficult, we do have a mini plugin that will instead redirect a QR scan to the attendee’s check in status instead of the WP login. That said, the person scanning the QR code would still need access to the dashboard.

You can download that plugin here and install it like any other plugin. There are no settings for it. Once activated, the redirect will take effect.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Utsav
    Participant

Thank you very much Geoff!
    This plugin does exactly what I wanted except for one thing: It doesn’t say ‘checked-in’ in the front end and cross-off that ticket in the frontend. It does so in the backend (wordpress dashboard). I was wondering there was a way for that to work.
    Both backend and frontend work as expected when I manually checkin tickets.

Thanks!

Geoff

Oh shoot, I’m afraid that complete front-end management of attendees is not a feature at this time. I was trying to think of some workarounds but also came up short because it would take quite a bit of custom development to pull off.

Sorry about that, but I hope this at least helps answer your question. Did you have any other questions about the attendee check in process? Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Matthew J Caraway

Hi,

Pertaining to the WordPress roles that allow for QR Scan Checkin: Admin, Editor and Author roles have the capability. My question is: Why can’t we checkin without have any WordPress user roles.

I have large events to where several people will be handling gate checkin for many different events. Seems a bother to have to give several users Author roles with then, having to log in before scanning procedures begin.

Would rather have staff just with a scanner app to check people in at the gate without having to have a user role to do so. Is this possible?

Thanks!!

Geoff

Hi Matthew,

I’m afraid the answer to your question is the same as the one I gave to Utsav. The data and reports are contained in WordPress and, as such, those checking in a member need to communicate with WordPress in order for the data to be received.

One of our developers did write a mini-plugin that redirects the QR checkin so that it does not require specific access to the WordPress admin, but I believe folks still need to be logged in to be able to use it. Here’s the plugin for your reference (ZIP).

Cheers!
    Geoff

Matthew J Caraway

Hi Geoff,

Yes, you still need to be logged in to use… So, there is not a way to pass credentials to each event category so that staff can select that category to begin checkin? Make sense? I don’t want to sound like I’m nagging, and I’m sorry if I do. I really like this plugin and it does all of the things I want it to do for the purposes intended. Just that little extra something would make this plugin AMAZING, not that it isn’t already… 🙂

Just hoping over here…

Thanks!!

Geoff

That is a really great idea. Would you be willing to post that to our feature request forum? Seems like others would find that useful as well. In fact, I wonder if this request is something similar.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket for now but definitely feel free to open a new one if any other questions pop up — we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers and have a great weekend!

Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Tickets Check in Question’ is closed to new replies.