Help Desk

Community Tickets

Unfortunately I learned after I bought this product and invested a ton of work that PayPal had ended split payments. So my question is, is it possible in community tickets to have the user input and mange their event fees and cost via Paypal with me completely removed from the situation? From there, I could force an item into the cart with every transaction and it would be a similar scenario to when someone buys two items on ebay from two sellers but pays once. Any direction would be appreciated.

Hi clinicblast,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m really sorry about this split payments issue. We are investigating a replacement solution for this. As we are in the early phases I cannot give you any launch date unfortunately.

No, it’s not possible to remove you from the situation. The only thing you could do is set up a different user’s paypal address for receiving payments, but if you have multiple people submitting events through community events, then this will obviously not solve it for you.

At the moment I’m not able to recommend any solution that would work with our plugins, I’m sorry.

One alternative solution might be to use WooCommerce products (this article might be helpful) and have a PayPal Marketplace integration into WooCommerce, if you find a plugin / solution for that.

I added your voice to our ticket on finding a new solution, to show the extra need. I do hope we will be able to provide some solution soon.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

I want to make sure what I’m asking is understood. By using the slug “payment-methods” when a organizer is logged in, they can enter their paypal for payment. So with that, I know the functionality is still there inside community tickets. I do not need adaptive payments from Paypal. I am not collecting commission or charging a fee. All I need is the functionality where my organizers can input an event and accept payment to their paypal. They get 100% of the funds, all of the refunds and terms are their responsibility. I am just a free platform for them. Thanks

Joe

Hey Joe,

Thanks for clarifying.

I will need to check that to be exact.

By using the slug “payment-methods” when a organizer is logged in

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Can you explain in more detail and / or share a screenshot? Thanks!

I know the functionality is still there inside community tickets

Yes, the functionality is there and will stay for a while to enable users who have been using split payments before to be able to continue. Probably as long as PayPal allows them.

All I need is the functionality where my organizers can input an event and accept payment to their paypal.

I understand. Though my thinking is – also based on this article -, if you are using the split payments functionality of the plugin you will still need to apply at PayPal for NVP/SOAP app, which is not possible any more.

I’ll get back to you later when I receive some further information.

Cheers,
    Andras

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your patience! I got the following thoughts on this case:

1) They would also need to define how they want to handle situations where an end user places two tickets from two different vendors (with different PayPal accounts) in the cart.

2) We can collect the organizer’s PayPal account details, so really it’s a matter of modifying WooCommerce’s behaviour during checkout to use the organizer’s email address as the merchant account.

3) I’m going to assume that his community organizers won’t be reconfiguring their own PayPal accounts and setting up PDT/IPN etc to work specifically with his site, so he’d need to be aware of the consequences (ie, he would not have accurate order status info).

The only part of this we can really help with is giving  hints about obtaining the organizer’s PayPal email address … everything else really amounts to a set of WooCommerce customizations (and some possible bear traps in there, too).

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Hey there

Wow – it’s been far longer than we’d like. Big news – we’ve relaunched the Split Payments functionality.  You can read more about it here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-community-tickets-4-7-split-payments-with-event-organizers/

Thanks
    Courtney 👩🏽‍💻