Community Submissions two issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Submissions two issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    media7220
    Participant

Hi,
    I just bought the PRO version and Community Submissions. 2 things — I need to add descriptions under the categories on the submission pages. For instance I have Arts & Entertainment as a category and I want to list out the things that would be considered Arts & Entertainment underneath that. Is there a way to achieve this?

Also, I would like to take all states out of the drop-down except one. Events are only submitted for the state of Wyoming. It’s a huge pain to have to see all the states when Wyoming is the last one!

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Casey
    Participant

media7220,
    Thanks for getting in touch, and hopefully I can help you out here. Unfortunately, there’s currently no way to automatically display Category descriptions on the Event Submission form. However, you can manually insert some text above the Category box (screenshot) by pasting the following code into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/9209189

You’ll need to customize the HTML that the code is displaying to suit your needs, but hopefully that will allow you to output information for your users to submit events to the correct category.

Regarding the State Dropdown, you can automatically have a default State selected on the form by doing the following:

1. Go to Events->Settings->Default Content
    2. Go to the ‘Address’ section and select ‘Wyoming’ as the default state and ‘United States’ as the default country (screenshot)

By doing this, your Community Event Submission form will default to the values you selected (screenshot).

Give those suggestions a try and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

media7220
    Participant

Thanks Casey. I pasted the code in, and it works, but where do I go now to customize the html? I don’t see where that happens: http://laramiefun.com/events/community/add

Also, I have another issue. I need to display this calendar on a tab on my Facebook page as an iframe. I tried just putting in the URL of the calendar, but the styling is terrible. I need to add it in some other way, in a page that strips out the rest of my theme elements. I found a plugin that will allow me to do it with shortcodes, but on further checking your forums, I see that this calendar does not support shortcodes. 🙁 Is there another way to make this happen?
    Thanks.

media7220
    Participant

Okay! My bad. I see where to customize the html now. You can cross that part of my question off. 🙂

Casey
    Participant

media7220,
    Unfortunately not without some considerable customization. Our plugin doesn’t currently support shortcode embeds, due to the complexity of the queries we’re using. If this is something you’d like to see in a future release, I would suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

I hope that helps. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Submissions two issues’ is closed to new replies.