Community Submission Form – Odd Stray Markup

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Submission Form – Odd Stray Markup

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

After 2 nights of banging my head on the desk, I’m finally admitting that I could use some help.

I’m seeing some odd markup being output on the community event submission form. It’s mostly paragraph and break tags that are pumping a lot of extra spacing in which results in an unattractive appearance. What’s even more strange is that there is an empty set of style tags right in the middle of the page as well. The end result is a page of very unbalanced code with a disproportionate number of paragraph tags in particular.

I’ve gone though and tried deactivating plugins without finding a culprit. The site is running genesis with a child theme although I can’t tell what the original child theme was since it’s been updated.

Snippet from form submission output is below (note I used the postable site to convert to escaped characters so it would render as code in the comment.

Hoping someone might have an idea or two I could try before building up a dev version of this site to do some more intensive testing.

<p><!-- .tribe-community-event-info -->
    </div>
    <p><!-- .tribe-community-event-details -->
    </p>
    <style type="text/css">
    </style>
    <p><input type="hidden" id="ecp_nonce" name="ecp_nonce" value="14bc8d3567" />
    <input type="hidden" name="_wp_http_referer" value="/events/community/add" />
    <div class="tribe-community-event-details eventForm bubble">
    <table class="tribe-community-event-info" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2" class="tribe_sectionheader">
    <h4 class="event-time">Event Time &amp; Date</h4>
    </td>
    <p><!-- .tribe_sectionheader --><br />
    </tr>
    <tr id="recurrence-changed-row">

Casey
    Participant

Kristel,
    Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having issues. I’m seeing the same issue as far as the empty style tag is concerned, along with the extra paragraph tags. I’ll pass this onto our developers for them to investigate further.

Stay tuned. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Kristel,
    In the mean time, I might be able to help with a styling workaround for you. Could you send me a link to your ‘Event Submission’ page? Thanks!

This reply is private.

Hi Casey. I forgot to mention that I was able to style away the display problem but would certainly love to track down the cause of those stray tags if you’ve ever see it before. Thanks.

Casey
    Participant

Kristel,
    Our developers have confirmed that this is a legitimate bug, and will have a fix in the next release of Community. Thanks so much for identifying this! Just let me know if you have further questions.

Samuel

Hey there Kristel! Just to let you know, yes, i did find some empty p tags which i’ve removed, and i also modified the conditional for the script tag to not print empty. I am noticing though that you have additional p tags not present in our plugin. It’s possible something else is running an auto p filter onto our output. are using the stock template files or overriding? cheers!

Casey
    Participant

Kristel,
    Just wanted to let you know, as Samuel noted, we’ve found and fixed the issue. This fix will be deployed with our next release of Community. Thanks for your patience and let me know if you have any questions in the mean time!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Submission Form – Odd Stray Markup’ is closed to new replies.