Community plugin: "Add new event" link leads to 404 – page not found

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Community plugin: "Add new event" link leads to 404 – page not found

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wdburgdorf
    Participant

I have the Community plugin installed and set a link as shon in the settings, but get a 404.
    I reinstalled Event Calendar plus Po, and the Community plugin. Everything else seems to work fine, only this doesn’t

wdburgdorf
    Participant

See this, please:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/community-events-cant-add-event-error-404/

It is the same error as 2 years ago!

But what is the correct link?

>>>> /events/community/hinzufuegen

PLEASE fix this.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by wdburgdorf.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by wdburgdorf.
    Patricia

Hey Ralf,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m so sorry to hear that you are having problems with Community Events. Let me help you to solve this!

To get started, could you please access the CE submission form via Dashboard (from Events > Community: Submit event), and let me know if it leads to the same page as your front-end link? Sometimes a translation inconsistency can cause the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks!

Patricia

wdburgdorf
    Participant

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your reply.

Sometimes a translation inconsistency can cause the issue you are experiencing.
    Yes, that is what the OP says in the 2 year old thread that I linked. And that is what it is.

Events > Community: Submit event
    Yes, same faulty link.

In the language file I found what translation is expected for “add” in your link. When I use that to build my link, it works half way. It works fully, when I also use my own translation of “events” in the link.

Now I experimented a bit more and finally found that the automatically created link depends on the user language. That is the problem. When switching my user language to the site language, then the automatic link works correctly.

The automatic link needs to use the site language, not the user language.

Ralf

Patricia

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for sharing this info with us! I was able to reproduce the same pattern in my local install.

I’ve added the issue to our internal bug report. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now, but the good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a solution is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and if you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out which includes a fix for this issue.

Find out more about it → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-15-july-2019/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for you.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Community plugin: "Add new event" link leads to 404 – page not found’ is closed to new replies.