community login redirects to today won't allow login or input

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events community login redirects to today won't allow login or input

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jskk123
    Participant

This seems to have started with the update to 4.2.4 If you want to go to my site, register as a subscriber and then try to input an event (which will then go into pending) you can see what I mean.

When users register, they are automatically given “subscriber” status and this issue only seems to be occurring with subscribers, not administrators.

It was painful, but I deactivated all plugins, and reverted to 2014 to make sure this issue did not involve those things.

jskk123
    Participant

This reply is private.

jskk123
    Participant

This reply is private.

jskk123
    Participant

It looks like the Access Control stuff is messed up. I am attaching screenshot of my settings – they have always been this way since I want to block subscribers from the WP dashboard.
    if I UNBLOCK subscribers in Access control, they can THEN access the community event input form but they can ALSO access my dashboard, which doesn’t work for me. I believe this is a bug since the last release.

please help as soon as you can, this is a critical issue for me. thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi jskk123,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry you are having an issue, let me try to help here.

Unfortunately, it looks like this is not a bug but simply how the plugins work together. WordPress and the plugins are continuously evolving and sometimes things like this arise.

The issue might come from the fact that the Add community event form / page is actually an admin page shown in the frontend. And it looks like Access Control is blocking that, rightfully so.

At this stage I can recommend 2 things:

1. You could contact the developers of Access Control to look into this and help you solve it.

2. You can use a different plugin to limit access to your backend. I’m not really familiar with plugins like that, but I’m sure there are several ones.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

jskk123
    Participant

HUH? I don’t have an access control plugin! the screenshot and those options are from The Events Calendar Community Plugin! That’s your plugin that I purchased from you. To see these settings, make sure you have the community plugin (from theeventscalendar.com) installed, then look under Events/Settings/Community Events.

I look forward to your prompt response.

jskk123
    Participant

Hi, I still need some help here. Please respond.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey jskk123,

Thanks for your patience. That is indeed a weird issue, indeed. I have to say I got lucky and found the solution. It works without any major intervention.

When you are sending the folks to log in, send them to this link / address:
    http://gorgecurrent.com/events/myevents/add/

instead of this:
    http://www.gorgecurrent.com/events/myevents/add/

So leave out the ‘www’ at the beginnig and it will work.

Check and let me know if that works out for you as well.

Cheers,
    Andras

jskk123
    Participant

Hallelujah. Yes, that worked. You are brilliant. Thank you.

Andras
    Keymaster

I’m super stoked to hear it helped! Yeeeehaaaaa! 🙂 (And thanks for your kind words! I have my moments. :chuckle: And sometimes I have a bit of luck.)

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else, don’t hesitate to open a new topic. We’ll be happy to help!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘community login redirects to today won't allow login or input’ is closed to new replies.