Community Form not displaying all fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Form not displaying all fields

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kyle
    Participant

I hate to post this without looking into it further myself but I can’t place it at the moment myself.
    When I’m on the community form, logged in or anon, the Date, Venue and Organizer fields do not show up. If I were to submit an event it just puts default information into those fields. I have deactivated and reactivated all plugins with no success. I tried to look at solutions in other threads with no luck again. Form is at: http://ykonline.ca/events/community/add/
    One other thing to note is that when the page is loading it will display those fields but collapses them when it finishes loading the page.

Anyone have an idea?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Kyle,

For some reason the table containing those fields is being set to display: none – have you modified the display templates at all? I’m wondering if there’s either an unclosed tag or another script that’s hiding the table. Have you tried deactivating other plugins to root out a possible conflict?

Kyle
    Participant

Hey Jonah,

I have not modified anything with either plugin. I have also deactivated all the other plugins to test but the issue does not change.

Thanks for the help.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Kyle, you’re not running a beta of Community right? And, do you have the latest version the The Events Calendar and Pro installed (2.0.6)?

Kyle
    Participant

HI Jonah, I can confirm I am using EC 2.0.6 and Community 1.0.

Could this be an database issue relating back to the plugins I might have had in the past?

Cheers,

Joey Kudish

Hi Kyle,

One thing I noticed, is that when the page first loads, all the fields are visible and then they get hidden. I suspect you might have some javascript that for some reason is hiding those fields. Since you’ve already disabled all the other plugins to rule out a conflict there, I think it may be a conflict with your theme. Worth trying it out with Twenty Ten or Eleven just to rule that as the cause or not, then you’ll be one step closer to diagnosing the issue.

Also, just want to note that it’s definitely not a database related issue relating to previous plugins.

Cheers
    Joey

Kyle
    Participant

Hey Joey,

Just tried Twenty Eleven and found that the form did in fact work correctly. I will not head over to WooTheme Support forum and look a solution as I can not see any setting right away to fix this issue. Let me know if you are able to provide any other help.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Kyle
    Participant

Finally getting back around to this issue.

I moved the plugin to another one of my sites for trial purposes. The site is running the exact same theme – WOOThemes Canvas – and it is displaying the submission form perfectly: http://withmedia.ca/events/community/add/.

So I’m wondering if anyone is able to pin point where it was going wrong. (granted the plugin is no longer on the site I want to use it on) Could this be a custom css issue?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Kyle,

Maybe a CSS issue or maybe a plugin conflict? Have you tried deactivating all other plugins? Are there any differences in theme CSS between the two sites?

Rob

Closing this one due to inactivity, too. Kyle: if anything else emerges on this end feel free to open a new thread and we’ll do our best to assist.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Form not displaying all fields’ is closed to new replies.