Community form: need excerpt, how to add instructions to users

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community form: need excerpt, how to add instructions to users

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    scaledagile
    Participant

Hi, A couple of things:

1. FRONT END COMMUNITY FORM / EXCERPT
    The front end add event form for Community has a description editor, but not an excerpt editor (as it is on the backend). This will cause an issue because our users will enter really long descriptions (even if we tell them not to), which will make list view too overloaded with content. Is there a way to get an excerpt to display in the form, and to have it be what displays in list view?
    2. FRONT END COMMUNITY FORM / ADD INSTRUCTIONS
    Is there a way to add instructions to the front end community form?
    Thanks!
    -Regina

Casey
    Participant

Regina,
    Thanks for reaching out! Regarding your first question:

1. FRONT END COMMUNITY FORM / EXCERPT

Unfortunately, it’s not currently possible to add an excerpt field to the Community Submission form. However, the List View displays the excerpt by default (which is created by WordPress automatically from the full description). If the automatic excerpt is still too long for you, then you can customize the length by following the instructions in the WordPress Codex (link).

Is there a way to add instructions to the front end community form?

Yes! You can do this by following this tutorial: https://theeventscalendar.com/add-html-above-community-events-submission-form/ You’ll definitely want to customize the HTML message to suit your needs, but that should do the trick for you.

Please review my responses above and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Community form: need excerpt, how to add instructions to users’ is closed to new replies.