Community events + venue database?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Community events + venue database?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shelly Wilson

Hi, I’m building a newspaper website and I want to be able to let our readers easily add events to the calendar (via front-end with no login), as well as to have a venues listing/database (with description, future events, etc & photo of venue). It looks like I can do this with your products, but am I right in seeing that I need to purchase both the EC Pro AND the Community Events plugin? If so, how well integrated are these two plugins? (i.e., am I going to have to navigate between two menus, etc.?)

Also, do either of these products come with an “organizers” or “group” listing/database? For instance, a certain group has multiple events at different venues, can users access that group info somewhere fairly easily, and see a list of their events?

Thanks for your help!

Leah

Hi Shelly,

Thanks for getting in touch, and for your interest in our plugins!

I right in seeing that I need to purchase both the EC Pro AND the Community Events plugin? If so, how well integrated are these two plugins?

Yes, Events Calendar PRO and Community Events are separate plugins. ECP gives you the Venue and Organizer pages, while Community Events gives you the front-end submission feature. The two plugins are very well integrated. All of our add-ons are organized together under the Events header in your WordPress Admin, and the settings are all under Events –> Settings.

Also, do either of these products come with an “organizers” or “group” listing/database? For instance, a certain group has multiple events at different venues, can users access that group info somewhere fairly easily, and see a list of their events?

I wouldn’t quite call it a database, but I think the Organizer and Venues pages will work for you. All instances of a venue name are linked to a page showing that venue’s name, address, and upcoming events. You can also add a map, and (depending on the theme) a description with or without pictures. It’s the same sort of thing for Organizers. You can also link directly to those pages. Would that work for you?

Best,

Leah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Community events + venue database?’ is closed to new replies.