Community Events Submit Form: Translation not available

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Submit Form: Translation not available

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Hi,

in the latest version 4.4.1 the bugs regarding the translation are still there.
    Please have a look at the screenshot attached.

Best regards,
    Oliver Heinrich

Oliver
    Participant

In addition I found some more translation issues (see screenshot).

Oliver
    Participant

In the backend under Settings -> Community there are some missing translations as well.

Oliver
    Participant

See this screenshot:

Oliver
    Participant

And some more issues in the Community Events submit form:

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for reporting this. I started checking and there might be some bigger issue. Please give me some time to investigate. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Oliver,

Thanks again for your patience. I had to test some things and fortunately most of these non-translated strings can be translated. It will require some manual work, for which I’m really sorry. Hopefully this will not be needed in the next version any more.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Download the Community Events plugin to your PC and unzip them.
    2. Open the the-events-calendar-community-events\lang\tribe-events-community.pot file with a suitable language file editor (e.g. PoEdit)
    3. From the Catalog menu click on Update from sources Then save and close the file.
    4. From the same folder open tribe-events-community-de_DE.po (or the version you are using) and from the Catalog menu choose Update from POT file. Save and close.
    5. Upload the tribe-events-community-de_DE.po and tribe-events-community-de_DE.mo files to your server to the respective folder, or to wp-content/languages/plugins/tribe-events-community-de_DE.po (and .mo) if you want to keep the translations after an update.

This should do the trick.

If you already have a translation override in wp-content/languages/plugins/tribe-events-community-de_DE.po then download that file and use that in step 4.

Some of the strings come from Events Calendar Pro, so you will need to do the same steps with those translation files. (Update .pot from sources, then update .po from POT.)

And to be sure, you should do this with the language files of the core The Events Calendar as well.

This should do it.

There are 2 strings which you cannot translate that way at the moment. “Start/End:” and “All day event” on the community event submit page.

There is a workaround for this, here’s what you need to do for that:

Copy this file:

wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar-community-events\src\views\community\modules\datepickers.php

to here:

wp-content/[your-theme]/tribe-events/community/modules/datepickers.php

Then open it for editing.

In line 67 and 157 you will find the above 2 strings. In these 2 lines change

'tribe-events-community'

to

'the-events-calendar'

That should do this part.

I hope this helps and I’m sorry it is so cumbersome. We are working to get this fixed for the next version.

Let me know if all goes well.

Cheers,
    Andras

Oliver
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Oliver.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your honest feedback on this issue, it is very much appreciated.

I totally understand the frustration this can cause, as personally I’m running mostly sites that require translations.

Let me assure you that your feedback does not go unheard. We have found the issue why this was happening with the past 2-3 updates and we are also putting in place a new process for making sure that translations work the way they should: and without any issues.

Thanks again for your feedback and for hanging in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Andras,

thanks for your understanding! Let’s hope the upcoming releases are dealing better with the translations.

Apart from that I found some more translation bugs. Please have a look at the screenshots. I expect them to be self-explaining (looks like bugs in the code from my perspective).

Best regards,
    Oliver

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for submitting those, we will look into them for sure.

As for the earlier issues, we already have made progress and the next release should already be much much better in terms of translations, if not yet perfect.

Cheers,
    Andras

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share the news that we released a Maintenance Release today that should include some improved handling of translations in regards to what was reported here.

You should be able to see this update in your wp-admin Updates page. You can learn more about the release here: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-2-event-tickets-4-4-2-premium-add-ons/

Cheers!
    George

Oliver
    Participant

Thanks George and Andras! It looks like these issues have been fixed successfully!

Best regards,
    Oliver

Andras
    Keymaster

Happy to hear Oliver!

Note, we have found some other small glitches with translations, e.g. “T” stands for Tuesday and Thursday as well on the recurring events time selector, which cannot be properly translated to some languages. Some will be fixed in the next release.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new one in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: We’d be grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Submit Form: Translation not available’ is closed to new replies.