Community Events Submit Form is Really Slow & "Are You Sure You Want To Do This?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Submit Form is Really Slow & "Are You Sure You Want To Do This?

• This topic has 20 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Steve.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

So I tested Health Check in troubleshooting mode.

I ran default theme and then the 3 TEC plugs: TEC TECpro and CE.

Wasn’t able to replicate “Are you sure you want to do this?” in this test run but can confirm the response time was similar to the regular site experience. I may have mentioned earlier, this is on a VPS with 8gb RAM.

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks!
    Steve

Barry

I’m equally surprised, given the available resources and the number of events.

Browsing your site, I estimate there are 1,200 events in the past. Would you consider removing some of these? As of a recent release, we include tools to automatically delete events that are more than a configurable number of months in the past (to find these tools, look in the Events ‣ Settings ‣ General admin screen). This works ‘in the background’ and the effect would not be immediate, but over time it could help to keep things in check.

You previously noted using a caching plugin. Do you know if or can you confirm if object caching is available and enabled?

One other thought: would you be open to sharing a database dump with us? That may help us to pin this down. If you can, please share via a Dropbox or Google Drive link, or similar, via a private reply 🙂

Steve
    Participant

I will check with the team about removing past events, that’s a good call.

We do have about 2400 events.

No object cache is setup, just regular static caching via the WPFC plugin. Do you recommend object caching?

Finally, I will share the DB in the next post privately. Thanks again!

Steve
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Do you recommend object caching?

Yes – I can’t categorically say it will solve the issue you’re hitting here with the frontend submission form, but it’s certainly a great way to boost performance.

I’ll need a little time to look at the database dump, so please do bear with me a little longer.

Barry

Steve,

There’s nothing particularly troublesome about your database that I can see. When using your data with the latest versions of The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO and Community Events it all runs pretty smoothly without any notably slow queries.

Though mimicking your environment precisely isn’t readily possible (I also don’t know how much traffic you are in receipt of), it does sound as you noted earlier like your server has plenty of resources … am I right in assuming this is the only site on that box?

It’s particularly odd that you see a notable slowdown when submitting frontend events. If you haven’t already done so, I would definitely recommend as initial steps:

• Setting up and enabling object caching
    • Reducing the amount of event data (by removing old events in particular)
    • Looking for other ‘dead’ content to remove … there are for instance around 3,000 “aktt_tweet” posts in the database – I’m unsure if these are actively used or not but if they are not or if they have limited historic value, perhaps they could be deleted?

Let me know if that helps at all.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Submit Form is Really Slow & "Are You Sure You Want To Do This?’ is closed to new replies.