Community Events Submission page form issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Submission page form issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    sitelockdesign
    Participant

The events submission form seems to be having option issues with the following form fields:

Event Categories: Cannot select a category or add a new category
    Event Time: Cannot select or input a time
    Event Location: No checkboxes for Google map options

Is there a way I can have you take a look? Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

sitelockdesign,
    Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having issues. Have you tried switching over to the default 2013 theme to see if everything displays correctly for you there? I suspect that this is related to some custom javascript or CSS that your theme is loading.

Give that a shot and let me know the result. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

sitelockdesign
    Participant

Yes, it is theme related. What can I do to make this work with my theme?

Casey
    Participant

sitelockdesign,
    It looks like your theme is using some custom CSS/Javascript to change the styling of checkboxes and dropdowns. I would reach out to the developer of your theme to see if they can help you disable that functionality. Unfortunately, we can’t assist with third-party or custom themes, but we’d be happy to answer any questions the developer might have about any of our plugins to help them.

As I was looking at the source of your site, I noticed this Javascript in the header: http://screencloud.net/v/xKjB. You might try commenting out that code to see if it resolves the issue.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you need help with other issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

sitelockdesign
    Participant

What do you mean by “commenting out” that code? I appreciate the help!

Casey
    Participant

sitelockdesign,
    You can comment out Javascript by putting a // at the beginning of the line you want to comment. Take a look at this article, which will explain a bit further. Give that a shot and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

sitelockdesign
    Participant

Ok, so I commented this out and is messes up the all of my theme forms completely. How can the events submission form be displayed without grabbing the theme scripts? I cant change the script of the website.

Casey
    Participant

sitelockdesign,
    Try replacing those two lines of javascript with the following code: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/399de9c81d6bc4ceb7b7

This should only output that javascript when users aren’t viewing any of the Community pages. Let me know if that does the trick. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

sitelockdesign
    Participant

That was close! It worked, however it removed the header image seen behind the title “submit an event” http://sitelockdesign.com/ruidoso/events/community/add

Here is what the script looks like from the java file:
    —>
    replaceSelect: function() {

//// vars
    var selCont = this;

//// WRAPS IT AROUND SELECT
    selCont.wrap(‘<div class=”select-replace”></div>’);
    var mainCont = selCont.parent();
    var selectedItem = selCont.children(‘option:selected’);
    mainCont.append(‘<span>’+selectedItem.text()+'</span>’);
    var mainContHeight = mainCont.height();

//// MAKES IT OVERLAY THE CONTAINER
    selCont.css({ display: ‘block’, opacity: 0 });

//// WHEN WE CHANGE SELECT
    selCont.change(function() {

//// NEW SELECTED ITEM
    var selectedItem = selCont.children(‘option:selected’);
    mainCont.children(‘span’).text(selectedItem.text());

});

},

replaceCheckbox: function() {

//// vars
    var selCont = this;

//// WRAPS IT AROUND SELECT
    selCont.wrap(‘<div class=”checkbox-replace”></div>’);
    var mainCont = selCont.parent();

//// IF IT’S CHECKED
    if(selCont.is(‘:checked’)) { mainCont.addClass(‘checkbox-replace-checked’); }

//// MAKES IT OVERLAY THE CONTAINER
    selCont.css({ display: ‘none’ });

//// WHEN WE CLICK THE MAIN CONTAINER
    mainCont.click(function() {

//// IF IT’S CHECKED
    if(jQuery(this).attr(‘class’).indexOf(‘checked’) != -1) {

//// UNCHECKS IT
    jQuery(this).removeClass(‘checkbox-replace-checked’);
    selCont.removeAttr(‘checked’);

} else {

//// UNCHECKS IT
    jQuery(this).addClass(‘checkbox-replace-checked’);
    selCont.attr(‘checked’, ‘checked’);

}

});

},

Casey
    Participant

sitelockdesign,
    Unfortunately, that’s all the help I can offer, as this is an issue with your third-party theme. I would reach out to your theme developer to see if there’s a way to disable some of the checkbox/dropdown javascript in the theme, as that would solve the problem. Good luck, and let me know if you have any further questions! Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

sitelockdesign
    Participant

One last thing:

I see this error:

“The following plugins are out of date: The Events Calendar: Community Events 3.2. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version.”

I followed the link to find the right version but I dont understand what this all means. It’s pretty confusing.

sitelockdesign
    Participant

I have The Events Calendar Version 3.4.1
    and
    The Events Calendar: Community Events Version 3.2

Error:

β€œThe following plugins are out of date: The Events Calendar: Community Events 3.2. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version.”

No updates available and no older versions available that I see

Casey
    Participant

sitelockdesign,
    I’m so sorry I didn’t respond to your message sooner! Somehow I missed your reply to this thread. I think I can help you out here.

First, make sure your License Key for the Community Add-on is set (go to Events->Settings->Licenses), and then go to ‘Dashboard->Update’ and click ‘Check again.’ After this, you should see an update for Community version 3.4, which you’ll want to install since 3.2 is not compatible with The Events Calendar 3.4.x.

Give that a shot and let me know if it resolves the problem. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

sitelockdesign
    Participant

Thank you

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Submission page form issues’ is closed to new replies.