Community Events submission form not displaying recurrence rules

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Community Events submission form not displaying recurrence rules

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    integrity
    Participant

Hi,

I’m reaching out about an issue our site is having with displaying proper recurrence rules. When creating or editing an event using the community events Event Submission Form, recurrence rules are always set to ‘none’ rather than showing the actual values set. An interesting note is that recurrence rules are displaying just fine in the admin view when creating/editing an event, it’s only in the community events view that these values are defaulting to none. Recurrence is also displaying fine on the front-end (event detail pages), but if a community member were to edit an existing recurring event, recurrence would be set to none by default risking a submission that would wipe out existing recurrence rules. No other value in the community events Event Submission Form seems to be effected by this.

To provide further detail, I will be attaching screenshots in a private post following this one.

I would greatly appreciate any insight into this issue.

Thanks

integrity
    Participant

This reply is private.

integrity
    Participant

Also, it is worth noting that we are currently overriding the existing template files for the community events plugins in our own theme directory as instructed, EXCEPT for the recurrence template. We’ve also checked for any PHP errors indicating deprecation or the like Again, only recurrence is being effected.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by integrity.
    integrity
    Participant

Hi,

I was able to fix this issue by modifying a line in the recurrence template in the community events plugin

Modified

if ( empty( $_POST['recurrence'] ) ) {
    	Tribe__Events__Pro__Recurrence__Meta::output_recurrence_json_data( $post_id, $_POST['recurrence'] );
    }

Original

if ( ! empty( $_POST['recurrence'] ) ) {
    	Tribe__Events__Pro__Recurrence__Meta::output_recurrence_json_data( $post_id, $_POST['recurrence'] );
    }

It seems the value wasn’t being set in the template due to a logic error.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by integrity.
    Geoff

Right on! I’m so glad to hear everything is working smoothly and I appreciate you following up to let us know. Definitely keep us posted if any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events submission form not displaying recurrence rules’ is closed to new replies.