Community Events Spam Users

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Spam Users

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ccvbcalendar
    Participant

The site that uses this plugin get tons of span users – how can I stop them from singing up?

Casey
    Participant

ccvbcalendar,
    Thank for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. I’m assuming you have ‘Allow Anonymous Submissions’ turned off in the Community Settings (screenshot), which requires users to register in order to submit events. If this is the case, then I would suggest looking into some third-party plugins that might offer some help with regards to blocking spam users from registering.

Here’s a great blog post that talks about preventing spam registrations in WordPress: http://www.wpkube.com/wordpress-plugins-to-stop-registration-spam/

I’d also suggest searching around the WordPress.org support forums to see if other users have been successful in preventing spam registrations on their sites.

Hopefully that points you in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

lebearuk
    Participant

I’d suggest investing quite a bit of time making sure your website is secure and steps are put in place to prevent spam.

I learned the hardway by launching a website with buddypress, within 24 hours I had to shut it down and I couldn’t define which accounts were spam or not resulting in a complete rebuild and an embarrising request for all users to recreate their accounts.

I’m using a combination of the following

– theme my login
    – gravity forms during registration
    – wordfence
    – hide my wordpress
    – akismet
    – testing testing & testing

It’s yet to pass the real test when I relaunch the website.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Spam Users’ is closed to new replies.