Community Events Plugin Disables Comments

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Plugin Disables Comments

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Annie Tandy
    Participant

The comments as well as form to submit a comment disappeared right after the last update. I disabled all of my plugins one at a time and narrowed it down to the Events Calendar Community Events Plugin. I’m not sure why that plugin is interfering with the Discussion feature? I also double checked my Settings->Discussion options and those are correct. Please help!

Thanks,
    Annie

Cliff

Hi, Annie.

This is a known issue that should be fixed in an upcoming plugin update.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to test the proposed fix and schedule it for release.

The current workaround is to downgrade to the previous release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Annie Tandy
    Participant

Should I completely erase the Community Events plugin and upload one version before it? Or is there a different way I should be doing that?

Thanks.

Cliff

Annie, yes, that’s the way to do a plugin downgrade.

You can download a previous version from https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/ — it has a drop-down to select a previous version.

Please delete The Events Calendar and install a fresh version from the wp-admin plugin installer.

Deleting The Events Calendar or its add-on plugins will NOT delete any of your data if you delete it via the WordPress plugin manager because that’s how we’ve decided to code our plugin.

FYI: deleting any plugin via FTP or cPanel’s File Manager (i.e. deleting just the files from the server) will also ensure a plugin gets deleted (if you delete the entire plugin folder) without removing any data from the database. This can sometimes be helpful to know in cases where a plugin does run an uninstall routine to delete data (again, our plugins do not run such a routine at this time and probably never will).

You can also see the difference when you click to delete a plugin, like this.

Nico

Hey,

I’m reaching out to let you know that we just released a fix for this issue. Please update the plugins to version 4.4.1 (4.4.1.1 for The Events Calendar) and let us know if this actually makes the issue right in your site.

More details on the release → Maintenance Release: The Events Calendar and Event Tickets 4.4.1, plus premium add-ons

Best,
    Nico

Annie Tandy
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you.

Roger CR
    Participant

hello,

I have the same issue than Annie, but the update doesn’t fixed it to me. The comments box is not appearing on the footer of the event page.

What can I do?

Thanks

Cliff

Annie, thanks for your patience and for letting us know your issue was fixed. Great news!

Roger, it sounds like you might be asking about a different topic. Comments can be added to Events at wp-admin > Events > Settings > General tab > “Show comments” option — make sure that is checked.

If that’s not working for you, please create your own thread and include any applicable screenshots, links, and your System Information.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Plugin Disables Comments’ is closed to new replies.