Community Events pages throwing 404's when ElasticPress plugin enabled

Home Forums Additional Help Elastic Events Community Events pages throwing 404's when ElasticPress plugin enabled

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    thecolumbian
    Participant

We had previously gone through this issue here and it looked like the issue was resolved:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/community-events-functionality-not-working-when-elasticpress-plugin-enabled/

I have now discovered that after I use ElasticPress to create the ElasticSearch index, resaving the Permalinks settings isn’t solving the problem.

I had to index because I was having issues with the WP API (see this ticket: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/wp-api-ignoring-date-when-elastic-events-plugin-enabled/) which fixed that issue but now I can’t get my community events pages to come up. It throws a 404 and shows only the header and footer and doesn’t show any content (even my normal 404 pages at least produce a 404 message on the page).

Are you able to recreate the issue on your end? I’ve tried on two different server environments with the same result. Tested using Elasticsearch 6.3.2.

thecolumbian
    Participant

Just for reference, I went ahead and tried downgrading my version of ElasticSearch from 6.3.2 down to 6.2.0 because of the warning that ElasticPress was giving, saying that my version was above the maximum required Elasticsearch version of 6.2. I reindexed and unfortunately the problem still remained.

Cliff

Hi again. Sorry things aren’t going smoothly.

I’ve pinged our Elastic Events developer to investigate and will let you know once I hear back.

Cliff

The developer said we didn’t actually test Elastic Events with Community Events, so I logged a bug ticket for them to do so.

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

thecolumbian
    Participant

I appreciate it, Cliff. I’ll stay tuned.

Cliff

Thanks for your understanding.

(FYI: I have to reply to you to clear this out of my TODO queue 🙂

Have a great weekend!

thecolumbian
    Participant

Cliff, is there any sort of expected wait time for the dev team to look into testing with ElasticPress and the Elastic Events plugin?

To be perfectly honest, this functionality is my last hope to make our site run faster (we’re getting very typical 10 second load times and yes I’ve gone through the docs on the site about performance). Plugins using WordPress meta get very bogged down when it has hundreds of thousands or millions of entires and it’s pretty frustrating. I do appreciate the technical support you guys provide, though, so thank you so very much for that. I would be very happy to see the Elastic Search functionality work with Community Events as it cuts down page load time on our site by around 5x.

Cliff

Hi. I checked with management and they bumped this bug’s priority so it gets attention sooner-than-later, but it likely won’t be within 1-3 weeks.

I pinged everyone applicable to this issue today so it should definitely get some attention soon.

thecolumbian
    Participant

Much appreciated, Cliff.

Cliff

You’re welcome. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Scott

Sorry you ran into this weird issue with ElasticPress. It is specifically a problem with the Facet feature that I’ve reported directly to the ElasticPress team with more information for them to act on. See https://github.com/10up/ElasticPress/issues/1129

If you disable the Facet feature in ElasticPress (it’s relatively new), you will notice that it resolves your issue entirely. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions or problems, Elastic Events is a great solution to the problems you are already familiar with about wp_posts and wp_postmeta getting huge.

thecolumbian
    Participant

Look like the issue is resolved on my dev site when facets are turned off in ElasticPress. Thank you sincerely, Scott.

Cliff

Glad to hear and thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events pages throwing 404's when ElasticPress plugin enabled’ is closed to new replies.