Community Events functionality not working when ElasticPress plugin enabled

Home Forums Additional Help Elastic Events Community Events functionality not working when ElasticPress plugin enabled

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    thecolumbian
    Participant

I’ve been testing out the events calendar with pro and community events installed and my load times have dramatically improved. Awesome!

I do have a problem, though. With the ElasticPress plugin enabled, my community events pages don’t show anything. The form on my “Create Event” page is gone and any content on my “My Events” page. My site visitors can no longer submit their events to us.

Query Monitor is throwing an error saying that there’s a missing dependency named “ecp-plugins”.

Cliff

Hi, Brandon. Thanks for your question regarding https://theeventscalendar.com/product/elastic-events/

I see you have the latest versions of our extension, our plugins, and the ElasticPress plugin, which is great.

Whenever something’s not working like this, it’s best to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, Community Events pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Please let me know what you find out.

thecolumbian
    Participant

Thanks for your response, Cliff.

After turning on WP_DEBUG_LOG, I noticed it did not record any errors. I threw a bad line of code in my theme’s functions.php file and it did record that error to my debug.log file, so it does look like it’s logging properly.

One thing I just discovered is that when trying to pull up the Community Events front end pages, it’s actually throwing a 404.

I’m running Elasticsearch 6.3.2, which at the time of this writing is above ElasticPress’s required maximum version of 6.2, so that may or may not be a/the culprit. I can try downgrading my version somehow if you think that might make a difference.

Cliff

We’ve tested with a version of Elasticpress similar (maybe the same) as yours so we’d guess your version should work fine.

Please try re-saving your Permalinks and try the Community Events links and see if that fixes things (wouldn’t that be easy?)

thecolumbian
    Participant

That actually seemed to be do the trick. Thanks for your help!

Cliff

Phew! Glad to hear and thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events functionality not working when ElasticPress plugin enabled’ is closed to new replies.