Community Events not working with theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events not working with theme

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jessebrede
    Participant

Hey team,

Having some problems getting Community Events to work with our theme.
    http://electricavenueatx.com/events/community/add – seems to be dying. I’m seeing errors in the javascript console. Activate the 2011 and the page works.

Barry

Hi!

Taking a look at the code in question (where the error – or at least one critical error – is arising) I can see this.

Note the closing and opening paragraph tags that have been injected inside that snippet of code – that’s likely to be the main problem here.

Some themes, possibly including yours, either re-order the stack of filters used to process content before it is displayed or else add on an extra layer of their own and this can have an unfortunate side effect in that paragraph and break tags are inserted in all the wrong places.

It could be worth checking in with your theme vendor and seeing what they recommend. Some themes for instance have special ‘shortcodes’ that look like this:

[raw] [/raw]

(It may be different in the case of your theme though) and these can be used to wrap up or mark areas that ought not to be affected by the extra processing. So, right now, I would suggest making your theme vendor the next port of call 🙂

jessebrede
    Participant

Interesting, yeah, this theme seems highly incompatible with the event plugins.

Barry

That’s a shame – what theme are you using?

jessebrede
    Participant
    Barry

OK, unfortunately I have no knowledge of that particular theme. But perhaps the theme’s author can help here; ultimately paragraph and break tags should not be being inserted into the middle of Javascript code.

Barry

Did you get any further with this one/is there anything else we might be able to do to help?

jessebrede
    Participant

I’m not sure if you ever went to the page. If I log out of the site, then the event submission form shows up. Any reason this happen this way?

http://electricavenueatx.com/events/community/add

Barry

It should show up regardless of whether you are logged in or not – certainly when I visit I can see the same problem as before (where paragraph and break tags are “injected” inside some Javascript, causing a syntax error).

Was there any follow-up from the theme author/vendor?

jessebrede
    Participant

Not yet. I’ll ask them again. Thanks, I think you can close this thread now. Thanks for your help.

J

Barry

Good stuff, thanks for the update 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events not working with theme’ is closed to new replies.