Community Events: Name Edits

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events: Name Edits

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hello. Just a quick question. I’m wondering where I go to edit some of the things in the Community Events Submission Form.

http://events.worldgolfskills.com/events/host/add

I’d like to make some minor edits like changing the “(required)” after “Event Title:” to a different text giving examples of our events. I’d like to make minor edits like this in the following columns.

Event Title
    Event Description
    Event Image (where it discusses the file types)
    Event Cost (where it discusses leaving it blank)

In a perfect world I’d like to delete Event Description, Event Image, and Event Cost completely, but I don’t know if this is possible or not?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Paul,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m not sure of the best approach for filtering this information or removing the fields that you’ve mentioned. I’m checking with the team and will work to get you the best answer as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Event if you can’t find a way to remove the fields, it would be great if we could just edit some of the wording! Please let me know as soon as you are able to find something out and thanks so much for your support!

All the best,

Paul

Josh
    Participant

Hey Paul,

Thanks for your patience!

I was able to get some information for ya!

There is actually filter available to change the wording for the “required” fields. You can find the documentation for that filter here. Also, here is a quick example of what that might look like.

Also, to remove the different sections you can follow the instructions for the Themer’s Guide to replace the modules from within the “views” -> “modules” folder of the plugin within your theme. Under the “modules” folder, you’ll find each of the sections that you would like removed. To hide these, just replace them with blank PHP files of the same name within your theme following the structure of the themer’s guide linked to above.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Can I pay someone to make the changes for me? I’m not that great at coding and think you guys could probably do it really quick!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Paul,

If you would like, we can refer you to a developer that can help you make these changes. Just send an email requesting a developer reference for customization [email protected] and be sure to include a link to this support thread.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events: Name Edits’ is closed to new replies.