Community Events login page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events login page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kellymarie2001
    Participant

I’ve spent quite a bit of time trying to research this but it’s driving me bananas, so I thought I’d try here!

On the Community Events > Add Your Event page (http://wpshindig.com/events/community/add as in the demo), there are all the right fields for logging in and to register. However, there’s no link for someone who forgot their password. I know there’s an easy link(wp-login.php?action=lostpassword) but I cannot for the life of me figure out where to add this.
    Could you point me in the right direction?
    I’ve tried 3 plugins, searched through code…. please help!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

The login form on the events page uses the “wp_login_form()” function built into WordPress. I did some testing and found that we can output the lost password link to the form using the following snippet.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

kellymarie2001
    Participant

Thank you! I’m not much of a coder – to what file do I add that to? wp-login.php in my WordPress files?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Kelly,

I apologize for not being more specific with my previous response. It’s easy to take some of that information for granted sometimes.

You can add that snippet within your theme’s “functions.php”. You don’t need to add the opening “<?php” from the snippet but you do need to ensure that the snippet is placed just after the opening “<?php ” tag of the file or just before the closing “?>”.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks!

kellymarie2001
    Participant

Wonderful, thank you!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Kelly,

No problem, happy to help!

If you have a few moments, we would definitely appreciate it if you could review our plugin on WordPress.org.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket but if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new support ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events login page’ is closed to new replies.