Community Events Fatal Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Fatal Error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vanessa
    Participant

I have The Events Calendar plug-in version 2.0.6, and have just recently installed the Community Events add-on version 1.0. But when I activate the Community Events add-on, I receive the following error message when I view any page on my site, including those that have nothing to do with the calendar: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Walker_Category_Checklist in /home/iecom0/public_html/iecc-wp/wp-admin/includes/template.php on line 52. The website is located at http://ie-community.com/iecc-wp, though I have temporarily disabled the add-on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Rob

Hey Vanessa. Thanks for the note, and sorry to hear you’re having issues here. It sounds like there is a conflict of some kind at play here. Are you in a position where you can test deactivation of your other plugins, and then reverting to the default 2011 theme (with just Events + Community) active from there? That way we could identify if this was a conflict with either the plugin or the theme.

Let me know and we’ll try to troubleshoot from there. Thanks!

Vanessa
    Participant

Hi Rob,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I did as you said and it appears the culprit is the WP Business Directory Manager plugin. When I deactivate it, the error disappears. Is there some way we can get WP Business Directory Manager and The Events Calendar: Community Events to coexist peacefully? I really need them both for my site.
    Thanks!

Rob

Hey Vanessa. While we can’t guarantee the plugin will integrate with everything else out there, we do try and assist with compatibility issues best we can on our end when conflicts like this come to our attention. We would need a copy of the plugin to test on (we won’t be running it on a live site; just local testing environments) but if you have that handy shoot it over to pro /a/ tri.be with a link to this thread, and I can get a dev to take a look from there as we do our next round of work on this release.

Hope that helps!

Vanessa
    Participant

Hi Rob,
    I’ll have my webmaster send over the plugin. Please be on the lookout for an email from [email protected].
    Thanks!

Rob

Thanks Vanessa. Confirmed as received.

One question: I see that this file you sent over is marked as “edited.” Have you guys customized the plugin, which could be causing the conflict? Have you tried with an unedited version of the plugin to see if you experience the same behavior?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Fatal Error’ is closed to new replies.