Community Events Export Options?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Community Events Export Options?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rick D’Haene

I’m considering using this plugin for a publication / magazine website for a client. My clients exact question: “can events be exported in a format that we could then import into a print document?”
    Could someone give me a run-down of the export options available along with a best attempt at answering my client’s question?

Thank you,
    Rick

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Rick. Thanks for getting in touch with us about your client’s question. We’re happy to help.

Unfortunately, at this time there are no built-in, multi-event export options with The Events Calendar. If you’d like to suggest this as feature, please feel free to post it in our User Voice forum: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Please let us know if there are any other questions we can answer to help you in identifying if The Events Calendar is the right solution for your client.

Rick D’Haene

Kelly,
    Thank you for the information. I do have one additional question. In a separate post here you mention: “The PRO functionality does include limited ability to export to iCal and Google Calendar.”
    I’m seeking a bit of clarification on the ‘limited ability’ point above. Are there specific things that cannot be exported to iCal format?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Rick. I’m sorry for the confusing post. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify.

Any event, recurring or standalone, can be exported to iCal (or Google Calendar), and many of the views have this functionality as well, e.g. all events in a given month. However, there is no admin interface or ability to configure the iCal feeds, and it’s worth noting these are one-time exports, not live syncing, which means if changes are made on the event at WordPress after the iCal file is generated, those changes won’t be reflected in the original iCal file.

Hope that helps!

Conny

Hi Kelly
    Can you explain how we can export the Events to ical-format? Is it possible to export all events at once?
    Thank you in advance!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Conny. There is a link to export below the calendar and on each different view. You can check them out on our demo site here: http://wpshindig.com/events/

We don’t currently have a way to export all the events to iCal format or to subscribe to the calendar. If that’s a feature that you’re interested in, we’d appreciate you adding your voice to this feature request in our feedback forum: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3777092-enable-calendar-synchronisation

Thanks!

Rick D’Haene

Hi Kelly,
    It’s me again with yet another question. Thank you for all of your answers thus far, they have been very helpful.

The question, direct from my client:
    “…runners would be interested in seeing only running events while cyclists might only be interested in bike races. It would be desirable to either offer a filter for calendar events or have a separate calendar for each appropriate activity. Are one or both of these possible?”

So, would we have the ability to implement multiple separate calendars? And would we be able to apply a tag, or place listings into specific categories so that they could be viewed / searched separately from others?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Rick. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Tags (site-wide) and Categories (TEC-specific) are both implemented in TEC, as is the ability to search by and display Category-specific calendars. It sounds like this should be a good fit for you.

Thanks for asking!

Katrina
    Participant

Hi,

For some reason my site http://www.creativeagingmidsouth.org does not have the link to export (below the calendar and on each different view) as show on your demo site. How do I go about to having that, I have searched everywhere.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Katrina. Assuming you’re using the free version, that’s because exporting to iCal and Google Calendar are part of the PRO add-on.

If you’re running the Events Calendar PRO add-on and don’t see them, please start a new topic in the PRO forum.

It looks like this thread has started wandering a bit far afield from the topic, so with that, ladies and gentlemen, I’m going to close this thread. Please feel free to start a new topic if you have any further questions for us. Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Export Options?’ is closed to new replies.