Community Events – Excerpts and additional photos

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events – Excerpts and additional photos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Oastler
    Participant

On the admin view for an event I am able to edit the excerpt, although it is shown separate from the event details meta box. I’m also able to have multiple featured image types via a plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/multiple-post-thumbnails/

Neither are visible via the community events add / edit screens. Wondering what you would recommend for a solution towards these? While I could see using the Pro additional fields for storing the excerpt it means having a separate spot to maintain data between back and front-end (and different post types) from the standard excerpt field. I can’t see that working for the photo since there isn’t a photo submission type. I looked through the docs but didn’t notice any hooks that seemed to correlate to adding new fields to the event form.

Thx,
    Jamie

Casey
    Participant

idealien,
    Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Unfortunately adding additional fields isn’t currently supported in the Community Add-on. If this is something you’d like to see in a future release, I would suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

I hope that helps to answer your question, but let me know if I can help further. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you need further help or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Jamie Oastler
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events – Excerpts and additional photos’ is closed to new replies.