Community Events Capabilities

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Community Events Capabilities

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kyle
    Participant

There are two fairly specific features I am looking for and was wondering if they are possible:

-Ability to prevent overlapping submissions? So if someone submits an event for a venue that already has something booked for then it would return an error message.

-Pre-defined events. Rather than creating a completely open event. A user could select from events with a predetermined duration/cost/venue etc. and just pick a start time? Is something like that possible?

Also, TEC pro is awesome! I am doing most of these things already with a customized gravity forms submission, but like how Community Events is looking so I am hoping these things are possible

Rob

Hey Kyle. Thanks for your interest in Community Events, and for reaching out with these questions. Happy to help address them best I can:

1) At this point, there isn’t any slot reservation system in place here. While the admin will definitely have approval of any submission that comes through (so they can decide whether or not to approve it for publication based on whether any other events are already submitted for that time), the system unfortunately doesn’t have a check built in. This may come down the road, though, as we have had a number of requests for it since launching.

2) If you’re running Community alongside Events Calendar PRO, you will have the option to have pre-defined saved venues & organizers populated for anyone who goes to submit an event (though, they can change this to a new venue as they see fit). Other fields cannot be required directly out of the box.

Thanks a lot for the words on PRO…we appreciate the feedback and it’s always great to see a note like that 🙂 Thanks for that. If you have any other questions on my points above or if I can do anything else, let me know and I’ll get you what you need. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Capabilities’ is closed to new replies.