Community Events Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Calendar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

One of the issues I am currently having is the inability to display sidebar widgets on the community event page where users can submit events to us.

http://www.hunterbrownrobertson.com/whatson/community/add

As you can see from this page, our sidebar widget only shows up on the left side of this page, whereas on our home page, it shows up on both sides. I couldn’t find the file on the server where I could add in the missing Div for that page.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Casey
    Participant

hunterbrownrobertson,
    Thanks for getting in touch! The page template that the Community add-on uses is controlled in ‘Events->Settings->Display->Events Template’ (screenshot). Try changing that to your ‘Default Page Template’ to see if that fixes the issue. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Hi Casey. This resolves the issue for the Community add on, but then removes all formatting for the original calendar(not part of the community events add on). Can you explain how we would fix that? I will temporarily make the change you suggested so you can see.

Casey
    Participant

If you’d like to use a different page template for Community than the Events Calendar, try pasting the following code snippet into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/jazbek/6189599

Give that a try and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Hi Casey,
    I tried that, and reverted the settings. It lost all of the formatting for the community events page.

Right now, I want to have access to both of the widget sidebars on both of the pages listed.

http://www.hunterbrownrobertson.com/whatson/
    http://www.hunterbrownrobertson.com/whatson/community/add
    In the first link, there are no sidebars. In the second link, there is only a sidebar on the left side.

http://www.hunterbrownrobertson.com
    Here we have the sidebar on both pages…I need this on the two above links.(This is what both of the above links should look like for sidebars)

Casey
    Participant

hunterbrownrobertson,
    It’s possible that your theme might doing something specific on certain pages that controls how widgets are displayed, and unfortunately, we can’t provide support for theme-specific issues such as this. I would suggest reaching out to the developer of your theme to see if they can help further. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

This issue does not have to do with the theme. I have used multiple themes and the same issue arises. There is some code on the display of this page

http://www.hunterbrownrobertson.com/whatson/

that prevents our sidebar from showing up(regardless of the widgets) – just a sidebar in general. I believe it is the width of the actually agenda view of events.

Can you please advise.

On your page for the calendar there is this code
    <!– Right Sidebar –>
    <!– / Right Sidebar –>

on all the other pages, there is

<!– Right Sidebar –>
    <td id=”right”>

<div id=”adwidget_imagewidget-2″ class=”widget AdWidget_ImageWidget”>Ad</div><div id=”adwidget_imagewidget-5″ class=”widget AdWidget_ImageWidget”>Ad</div><div id=”adwidget_imagewidget-6″ class=”widget AdWidget_ImageWidget”>Ad</div><div id=”adwidget_imagewidget-11″ class=”widget AdWidget_ImageWidget”>Ad</div><div id=”adwidget_imagewidget-12″ class=”widget AdWidget_ImageWidget”>Ad</div>
    </td>
    <!– / Right Sidebar –>

That is found in the source code of each page

Casey
    Participant

Again, we’re unfortunately unable to help with theme-specific issues such as customizing widget areas on the page. Because of this, and because I’m not familiar with your specific theme, I would suggest reaching out to the developer of your theme to see if they can help with your specific theme. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

I will try to explain the issue again.
    Your page that displays all of the calendar events, is not able to maintain the formatting of the original webpages. There is some code written that declares community events as a page that does not follow the rules of any normal theme. All our other plugins are fine, but with yours, we loose formatting of our website…only with the calendar…This would not be an issue with out theme as we have tried multiple themes and we get the same result every time. So that said, where could i find the css for the normal agenda view of the event calendar.

Casey
    Participant

hunterbrownrobertson,
    Our plugins are designed to be compatible “out of the box” with the default WordPress themes, as well as most themes that follow WordPress best practices. While I wish I could say that the plugin seamlessly integrates with every theme out there, the reality is that custom themes have so many settings/options that it would be nearly impossible for us to account for all of those.

If you’re still having issues with the styling integrating with your theme, take a look at our themer’s guide, which will show you how to customize the different calendar views, as well as override the plugin’s CSS styling.

Take a look there and let me know if that points you in the right direction. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Hi Casey.

This issue is not resolved. Where can I change the layout of the front-end view for the widget. On this page, one of the two sidebars is being disabled by your plugin – not by the sidebar itself, and not by the wordpress theme. http://www.hunterbrownrobertson.com/whatson/community/add

Changing the settings you suggested above did not work. Our theme is Atahualpa and we operate on the newest version of our theme, WordPress, and your plugin.

Casey
    Participant

This resolves the issue for the Community add on, but then removes all formatting for the original calendar(not part of the community events add on). Can you explain how we would fix that?

Sorry to hear that you’re still having issues, but your reply above helps me to realize that this is indeed an issue with your theme, since changing the Events Template to your theme’s Default Page template removes all formatting.

Please review our policy on providing support for third-party themes, which will hopefully clear up any confusion as to what kind of support we can offer in situations like this. While I wish I could say that the plugin seamlessly integrates with every theme out there, the reality is that custom themes have so many settings/options that it would be nearly impossible for us to account for all of those.

Finally, I would suggest that you reach out to the developer of your theme to see if they can offer some further guidance here, since it’s apparent that something within your theme is conflicting with the plugin.

We’d be happy to help answer any questions that the developer of your theme might have about how the plugin works as they’re investigating further. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.