community events and wpml

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events community events and wpml

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nagroup
    Participant

Hi,

I understand that community events does not support wpml.
    But does that mean when I have activated wpml that community events in my original language is not working anymore? Which seems to be the case on my site.
    Is there any workarround to keep community events working in one language?

Thanks for your help.

Simone

Geoff B.

Good evening Simone and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I understand that community events does not support wpml. But does that mean when I have activated wpml that community events in my original language is not working anymore? Which seems to be the case on my site.

You are right, this is partially what it means. In fact, this is kind of the same situation as our customers are experiencing when using WPML with let’s say Event Tickets Plus.

In other words, without additional programming on our end, we feel that Community Events does not work to an acceptable level while being used with WPML.

With that in mind, the good news is that we are actively working with the WPML team to make sure that all of our plugins become fully compatible with WPML. The next ones in line being Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus (ideally before winter ends).

In the meantime, what could be worth a shot is to go to WPML > Support  > Troubleshooting page and use the different clean-up buttons.

This is untested and definitely unsupported, but I believe it should allow for Community Events to be used in one language at least. You might have to do that each time new events are added (but I am just extrapolating for now).

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

nagroup
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

that is great news.
    How can I keep updated, when

all of your plugins become fully compatible with WPML?

For now it is a bit weired with the community events add events functions. For some of our event organizers (e.g. in China and Germany) it is working perfectly. While others in the US geht error 500 after adding on event.
    Any idea what could be the reason for that?
    Meanwhile I will check out the clean-up buttons.
    I also will test community tickets.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Simone,

Thank you for writing back.

There are a couple of ways to stay updated:

1. At the very bottom of our site (in the footer), you can subscribe to our newsletter or our Twitter feed.
    2. You can even subscribe to our blog’s RSS feed if that works better for you (https://theeventscalendar.com/blog/).
    3. Check out this page for updates once in a while: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

all of your plugins become fully compatible with WPML?

Yes, that is the goal. We do not have a timeline for completion, simply because there are so many other great features that are being requested all the time.

To make a long story short, we go by popular demand.

Right now, the votes for Community Events are on the low end of things.
    If you have not already voted, please do so here: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/10048827-community-event-frontend-ticket-submision-wpml-s

For now it is a bit weired with the community events add events functions. For some of our event organizers (e.g. in China and Germany) it is working perfectly. While others in the US geht error 500 after adding on event.
    Any idea what could be the reason for that?

That is very odd. I totally understand how this can create worry!

Just to clarify is this with or without WPML activated ?

Error 500 messages are usually produced when:

1. There is an issue with the .htaccess file
    2. A request is “too much” for the server to handle

It is hard to say for sure at this point. But, I am noticing that your PHP max execution time is set to -1 !

That might prove very problematic for users that are not on your continent (i.e.: US-based customers). Would you mind trying to increase that to 300 to see if it helps ?

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘community events and wpml’ is closed to new replies.