community events and woocommerce tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions community events and woocommerce tickets

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeroen Cornelissen

Hi, I’m considering buying the plugins Pro, community and tickets. But am wondering if it is possible for (community) users to add an event with ticket information and price included (payment will go to one account) and can the user manage the attendees for his/her event + can a user be fixed to a venue/organisor. So the organisor has no access to other organisors and to one or a selected set of venues? I could not derive this from the vids 🙂

Thx !

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Jeroen Cornelissen,

Those are some good questions. I can see how it would be hard to glean the answers from videos.

There is one way you could accomplish most of those goals without any customizations. From the wp-admin area you can add “Additional Fields” for things like ticketing info, etc. Community submitted events can be set to “Pending Review” before being published. And, you as the admin can be notified upon each submitted event. Thus when you get an email of a new event, you can edit the event to include and the ticketing info, and you can enforce your desired venue/organizer protocols.

While not super automated that method would be very secure. If you are interested in an automated method what you are requesting seems pretty doable, but it would require a fair amount of additional code and customizations. Much of that could be done with theme overrides and filters.

The biggest issue you will face is depositing money into separate accounts based on the event or category. You would have to consult with WooCommerce for that functionality.

Does that answer your questions? Please let me know.

– Brook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘community events and woocommerce tickets’ is closed to new replies.