Community Events and the GDPR

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Community Events and the GDPR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephan
    Participant

Hi guys,

as you know the GDPR in Europe takes effect end of may.

I´m preparing my website at the moment – my goal is stop using any user data.

Two questions:

Does the community events–plugin transfer the users IP adress (to your server)?

Does The Events Calender transfer IP-adresses of my users (to your server)?

To be compliant with the GDPR it is important, that my users can use the calendar and the community plugin anonymous.

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Stephan

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Stephan, guten Morgen!

Those are really good and important questions with GDPR in sight.

None of our plugins transfer any user data to our servers. The data stays between your site and your visitors / users.

The only data we have access to is your system information (can be found under Events > Help), which contains information about your site and setup, but contains no information of any users.

The only occasion when we would get data of your users would be if we ask for a database dump for you for support purposes. Naturally in these cases we take utmost care and handle the full dump as sensitive data. We do not share it with any third parties and we delete our copy once it is no longer needed.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

Grüsse,
    Andras

Stephan
    Participant

Danke András!

That´s great to hear – one worry less….

1.000.0000 remaining 😉

Viele Grüße

Stephan

Andras
    Keymaster

Hahaaa! 🙂 Well, we at least got that one off the list.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Good luck and cheers,
    Andras

PS: We’d be grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Thanks!

PS2: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would also be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Much appreciated!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events and the GDPR’ is closed to new replies.