Community Events adding new event date and time format is not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events adding new event date and time format is not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Saraliina
    Participant

I’m testing on Twenty Sixteen theme without any additional plugins. I’ve set date format to j.n.Y and time format to H:i, and week start on monday from WP -> Settings -> General. None of these work. It seems that There’s a javascript that populates the fields afterwards that doesn’t care about the datetime settings in WP.

Saraliina
    Participant

Hello again,

This might be related. If I check the “Single geography mode” in Events -> Settings -> Community it still shows me the country, timezone and state options in the new event form.

Cheers.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Saraliina,

Thanks for getting in touch and I’m really sorry about this issue with the datepicker and the timepicker.

We are aware of this issue, however at this time I don’t have any date set when this will be fixed.

Until then you could paste this snippet into your theme’s functions.php file:

https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/77073707356b4e9bc55e23bb7ebd67bc

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Saraliina
    Participant

Thank you András, that fixed the 24hr time setting. We have still issues with date format. For example todays date displays 12-04-2017 but our requirements are 12.4.2017. (j.n.Y)

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Saraliina,

Good to hear this fixed the timepicker.

I’ll see what can be done with the datepicker part. Will get back to you soon.

Cheers,
    Andras

Nico

Hey Saraliina,

Andras is out this week, so I’ll help you out on this!

The date picker format in the Community Events submission form follows the date-picker format setting defined in WP-Admin > Events > Display > Datepicker Date Format. Just change that setting and it should reflect in the form.

Also, the fix for the time format bug is hopefully coming soon in the next maintenance release.

Please let us know if there’s anything else you need help with,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Now the Community Events submission form should work with 24hrs format and 12hrs AM/PM format.

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-1st-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events adding new event date and time format is not working’ is closed to new replies.