Community Events Add page and W3 Total Cache

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Add page and W3 Total Cache

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant

Hello,
    My Community Events form page does not load the header of the page for users that are not logged in. It just display the form content, without styling, when I look at the source it is the HTML for the form. If I disable W3 Total Cache it loads fine, but I need W3 Total Cache, do you know what could be causing this?
    Thank you

Casey
    Participant

Stephen,
    Thanks for reaching out! Hopefully I can help you out with this. Could you give me the URL to your Community Event Submission page so I can take a closer look? Thanks!

Stephen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Stephen,
    Can you try temporarily switching over to the Default 2013 theme to see if this issue still persists?

Stephen
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    I switched to the 2013 theme and the page appears.

Stephen
    Participant

Getting closer to a solution, my theme has the template files for the community plugin and it looks like this function tribe_community_events_venue_select_menu( $event ); in venue.php in the modules folder is breaking the page.

Stephen
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    I believe I have the issue resolved now. What was causing the issue was that the function that generates the dropdown list of venues, on the form, was failing because it ran out of memory. I have over 440 Venues, so when the function would load the venues it would fail. W3 Total Cache must use more memory when the user is not logged it, which pushed it over the edge. It would have likely happened even without W3 Total Cache eventually as my list of vendors grew. I increased the PHP memory_limit and that resolved the issue.
    Hopefully this will help if someone has a similar issue.

Casey
    Participant

Glad that you were able to get this figured out, and thanks for sharing in case other users experience this. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Add page and W3 Total Cache’ is closed to new replies.